Chapter 9 (You?!)

Kaylyn lazily opened her eyes upon hearing the whispers of persons her brain couldn't quite place. She felt tired and weak - her body drained. She winced when the light in the room scorched her eyes - a room she was not familiar with.

"She's awake," she heard someone exclaim.

Kaylyn sighed then fully opened her eyes, concerned faces staring down at her. Faith was there alongside a doctor. Kaylyn's face wrinkled in confusion for a while, but her eyes widened almost instantly when realization dawned.

She had fainted! Her throat suddenly felt parched when everything came rushing back, her mind only on one thing at the moment.

"I- is the baby OK?" she asked a bit huskily.

Faith immediately came to her side and pulled her hands into hers, a warm smile on her face.

"The baby's fine," she said with a slight squeeze.

Kaylyn expelled a sigh of relief and tightly closed her eyes as a sob formed in her throat.

"So what happened?" she asked when she was able to get a hold of herself.

The doctor cleared his throat and stepped forward.

"It's not unlikely to have women faint during pregnancy. You however, were out for quite a while and that's unlikely. Your blood count is low so that might've caused you to faint. I've prescribed some iron tablets that will help but if you have another faint spell, it is advised to visit me ASAP," the doctor provided with the highest level of professionalism.

Kaylyn used the tip of her tongue to moisten her lips. "So if I faint again, it might be serious?" she asked brokenly.

The doctor nodded.

"I'm sure everything will be fine Kay," Faith consoled, hugging Kaylyn who was getting a bit teary.

"It could be nothing so please do not stress. You may leave when you're done," the doctor smiled then left the room.

Kaylyn sniffed. "What if something happens later in the pregnancy?" she croaked.

"But what if nothing happens? she challenged, cocking a brow. "You've gotta think positively baby girl."

Kaylyn managed a strained smile. "Thanks for everything Fay."

Faith huffed out a breath and fanned her off. "No need to thank me. You should be thanking the Greek God that brought you here," she grinned.

Kaylyn made a face. "Greek Gods tend to suffer from small cocks Fay," she exclaimed.

Faith burst out laughing, her head tilted backwards in amusement. Kaylyn grinned.

"Where the hell did you hear that from?" she asked shakily, laughter still evident in her tone.

"A movie," she grinned.

Faith snorted. "So true though."

"So, anyway, how did you know I was here?" Kaylyn asked quizzically.

"I got a call from the man who bought you here. How he got my number, I don't know," she shrugged.

"So where is he by the way?"

"Outside, I guess. Not sure, but you owe him a huge thanks."

"I know."

"Yeah, get dressed so we can leave," Faith exclaimed, scooting off the bed.

#

Jason sat on a chair that seemed to harden with every passing second. He had been there for about half an hour, not wanting to leave because he wanted to know how Kaylyn was, and he also wanted to see her.