Chapter 17: Welcome Back Sweetheart

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry." I sarcastically chuckled. "I'm really fucking sorry, but um... can someone tell me why the hell I'm just sitting here in this cold ass house, in a white dress and demon heels for no reason!? I mean-" I ripped my blindfold from around my eyes and stood to my feet causing all of the men to reach for their guns. Well except for Marco and Demitri who just sighed.

"Oh please put your damn hands down, y'all are not gonna shoot me." I scoffed while I blinked fifty million times, trying to get my eyes adjusted to the bright lights in the room. I was in a dining room, with a long table. On the table sat four empty plates, glasses, clean silverware and napkins.

 On the table sat four empty plates, glasses, clean silverware and napkins

The men didn't budge until Marco held out his hand for them to relax. They glared at me while they did as he said.

"Nina sit down." Marco snapped at me while pointing at the black chair I had stood up from.

I squinted at him.

"No De Luca! Now I want some goddamn answers and I want them TODAY!" I slammed my hand on the smooth black table causing an echo in the room. From the corner of my eye I saw Demitri pinch the bridge of his nose while shaking his head.

"And you will my love."

A voice sounded from the other side of the room and my eyes slowly followed where it came from. When I saw who had spoken, my breath stifled a bit.

He was so handsome. He was an older man, but... he was so handsome.

The aura he gave off made me want do whatever he said, but I was too stubborn for that

The aura he gave off made me want do whatever he said, but I was too stubborn for that. His piercing blue eyes stared into mine as he smirked at me with those pouty pink lips. It didn't take a rocket scientist for me to figure out who this man was.

Marco's father.

For a while we just stared at each other. For some reason I felt like I'd seen him somewhere before, but I can't remember where. Besides that would be impossible. Marco and I hadn't crossed paths and I lived all the way in Georgia. There was no way I had interacted with this man.

But he looked so familiar.

He clapped his hands together and laughed as he started to make his way over to me slowly. He was in front of me before I knew it. His scent was so intoxicating.

This man was dangerous. Nobody had to tell me anything about that.

He smiled while cupping  my face in his hands. I closed my eyes while he placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

What was this?

Then he whispered something I didn't understand. No he said it in English, but why would he say it. What did he mean?

"Welcome back sweetheart."

*****************************************
Hey! Yes I finally posted something! I hope you're a little satisfied. I'm working on the next chapter right after I post this chapter so the wait won't be too long for chapter 18. Also if you didn't read my note from yesterday, I have a new story up titled The Freshman! It's a mystery/thriller and I've actually been working on it for a few years and I finally updated whatever chapters I had enough to post it! The first two chapters are up so please read it, vote, and comment.

Don't forget to vote and comment on this chapter as well! Thank you guys for being patient.

-Carina ❤️