Chapter 49

All In Time

T.A.2710

~"White walls surround us,

No light will touch your face again.

Rain taps the windows,

As we sleep among the dead.

Days go on forever,

But I have not left your side.

We can chase the dark together,

If you go then so will I." - Anthem of the Angles - Breaking Benjamin~

~~~

3rd POV

There was once a tale of its power, but now, it says to be myth. No one knows of its great works, for no one has seen it.

The tale of the Áthel; was a gift to the Elves, crafted by the Dwarves, with all the jewels under the mountains of Middle-earth, dipped in mithril so it would never break.

Representing something far beyond the time of their creation.

There were only five pair ever made.

After the War, they were said to be destroyed. For Saron wanted them for their power.

He failed to know the true meaning of their power. Being so, they were useless to him.

The Áthel did not get its power from wrath, control, and hate. But from understanding, compassion, and love.

The myth, now legend goes;

"They were made for two to be one.

Alone they are nothing, but together.

Bounded by blood, shall be the cost.

Started by the one who had nothing to lose.

Ending with the one who had nothing to gain.

To protect the heart they stand.

Even if it takes the others life."

~~~

Bruinen

She sang, she begged, and she prayed to the Valar for them to spare him.

She wanted to see him smile again, she wanted to see his bright blue eyes filled with life, wanting them to open again.

She wanted him alive.

As she cried, the scars on her face will not only tell the story of the warg attack, but on how it will change everything.

From the scar that scrapped her eye, two drops fell onto a jewel, more colorful than the rainbow.

Going unknowingly to her.

The amount of blood she lost finally caught up with her, now her head rested on the Prince's shoulder.

Now just looks as they are sleeping, waiting for the storm to pass.

As if the Áthel was a sponge, it soaked up the blood and tears, vanishing as if it was never there.

Then the strangest thing began to occur, both jewels around their necks began to glow, having a light blue tint to them.

The jewels lit up the cave, like a beacon.

Then as quickly as it appeared it faded.

Leaving them in the dark.