Prologue

T.A.2487

Rivendell

~"Come to the fountain" ~

The winter wind blew his long, brown hair. Looking around wondering why he was here, outside in the fresh December snow. A faint voice called Lord Elrond to come outside, but he does not know why and of all things in the snow.

Just when he was about to leave, a vision was given to him. Not by the fountain, but from himself.

~He saw a beautiful, young Elleth, with long, brown hair with white locks at the ends and brown eyes. She was dancing with an Ellon, with blonde hair and blue eyes and they were happy.

Elrond noticed a jewel around both their necks, a jewel he thought was lost forever; the Áthel. He took another look at the Ellon, he looked familiar to him, almost has if he has seen him before, but the name did not come to him.

Just has the vision ended, a second vision came into view.

He saw King Thranduil and himself walking around the room with worried looks upon their faces, as if something terrible has happened.

Then, he saw his wife and the Queen come into view with horror in their eyes. Hoping they could be comforted by their husbands, but no hope was there.

Then all of a sudden the doors flew open and three guards came into the room.

"My King, we found them!" said one of the guards.

All eyes went straight to the voice. The other two guards came and they were carrying two small children.

An Elleth with brown hair, and white locks at the ends. Her eyes were wide open, unblinking, but they were a hazel color. Her breathing was very slow.

The other, an Ellon with blonde hair and blue eyes, they were also wide open and full of fear. Both having a few cuts and bruises.

Elrond looked at the boy, he saw his eyes have a red tint to them, he had been crying. Why was he crying?

(Are not these the same elves in the last vision?), Elrond thought to himself, (But, there is no jewel upon their necks, except for the girl, she had three jewels around her neck.) again questioning.

Then, Lord Elrond saw the King and Queen run to the little boy and saw his wife and himself run to the girl.

(I am a fool), Elrond thought to himself. (How did I not realize that the young Ellon is the Prince of Greenwood,...... but who is this girl? And is my wife and myself running to her?) he thought.

Before Elrond could get an idea on who she could be, another vision came to view.

He saw Rivendell, in full celebration. A marriage in fact was taking place. Elrond saw himself there smiling while talking to King Thranduil, both turning to see the young Elleth and the Prince dancing, along with the Áthel around both their necks.

With this Elrond sees himself going up to the couple.

"My I steal a dance?" He asked looking at the Prince, offering his hand to the maiden.

"Of course, Lord Elrond." Replied the Prince and handed his bride over to Elrond. Has they danced she was smiling and also had tears come down her face.~

And just like that the vision ended, and with that Lord Elrond was left to his thoughts.

"What just happened?" Elrond asked himself.

He thought and he thought, outside in the winter cold, trying to figure out the pieces to this puzzle. The Prince and the maiden both had the Áthel, the jewel of long love. It really explains nothing other than that. Also why is it so important I know the Prince's life.

"Why are these visions never clear?" He said.

Elrond racked his brain to make sense of it all, but found nothing.

"It makes no sense!" Elrond cried in frustration.

"I can only look in to people's future of those I have met, or family members. I have yet to meet the Prince, and I have never even met the girl. So why was I shown -"

Elrond stopped his words, as he finally put the pieces together. It all made sense now, to him going to the little girl in Greenwood, and the marriage in Rivendell. Even asking the Prince for a dance with the maiden.

The beautiful, Elleth in his visions......is his......daughter.

Then a voice came to him, with a message.

~"Everything you saw will not be as precisely as you saw it. One of these events may not happen, or... maybe all of these events will occur. Or maybe even none of these events will happen. The choices that will be made over the years, will determine both their.... faiths. Choices that may tear your family apart. "~

~~~

~ ~ - Visions, voices

Italics - Used in visions.

( ) - Thoughts

Elleth - Female elf

Ellon - Male elf

Okay this is my first story and l have had this idea in my head for awhile. l also have no idea what l am doing. So plaese help me out.

l do not own Lord of the Rings nor its characters. l only own Livia and a few random characters.

This is also the first book to many more. This is set before the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings.

And do you know who the mystery voice is? Take I guess, and tell me.