Chapter 50

Eerbor

T.A. 2770

Rivendell

~"I could tell you all about what's next

If I could make it clear

Or to complicate the next

What would you hear then" - Umphrey's McGee~

~~~

The evening sun started to set, as my brothers and I were called by our father to meet him in the library.

Arwen left to stay in Lothlóríen twenty years ago. She sends my letters from time to time, telling me she is enjoying her stay.

"Why does Father wish to see us?" I asked my brothers as we walked through the halls.

"No idea." Elrohir replied.

"You would think after, over two thousand years of knowing him-" Elladan began, and Elrohir joined him.

"We would know him better." They replied.

"Just goes to show you that you can never truly know someone, even after so many years."

"Do not get poetic on us now."

"Brother, our worst fear is coming true. She's become like - Lindir." Elrohir stated, taking a gasp before saying the advisors' name.

"You both give our friend so little praise. Last time I looked, he is courting an 'Elleth.' Where are your, 'Elleths?'"

They did not answer, instead they gave me a cold stare, but it only made me smile which got them to smile as well.

"You win this round, sister."

~~~

The candles were already giving off most of the light in the room by the time we got there.

"I have called you three here to discuss a matter of business."

"What is it, Father?"

"I want you three to go to Eerbor, representing the Elves of Rivendell and pay homage to The King's Jewel. And try to make an oath with the Dwarves."

"The Arkenstone?" Ada nodded, so I continued. "Why, go now?"

Ada walked over to the closed doors to the balcony with his hands behind his back.

"Something's coming. I fear their pride will make them blind of the truth."

"Do not forget about their stubbornness."

"Not to mention that they are greedy."

I never have met a dwarf, not yet anyways. I do not know if my brothers have ever met the dwarves or if they did then they just had a bad running, either way I didn't appreciate the way my brothers talk so poorly of them. I do not know why, but it did not please me.

'Ná quildë!' Ada shouted.

'Be silent!'

His shouted startled me, that I caused all the candles blew out.

(Oops.)

'Nyé, Ada.' I apologized, relighting the candles.

'Sorry, Father.'

'Le ná avatryara, Lìvia.' He replied softly, then adverted his eyes back to the twins, with a not so softly response.

'You are forgiven, Lìvia.'