Chapter 22

Spiders

T.A. 2500

Greenwood

Third Person POV

Dinner was almost ready, everyone was there, except for two young elves.

Arwen was the last one to see Lìvia before she left. Regeína was the last to see Legolas.

"Arwen, where is Lìvia?"

"I do not know. She said she was going to look around. Have not seen her since."

"And when was that?" Elrond asked.

"...Two hours ago."

"She must have found range."

"Lìvian shoots?" Thranduil asked.

"Yes, she as been since she was four." Elrond replied.

"Interesting."

"Thranduil, something is wrong. Legolas would never stay in the woods this long. The sun is begging to set." Regeína said worriedly.

Thranduil looked at the sun, they would come. He got up from his seat and started walking.

"Lord Elrond, follow me please. Regeína inform me if Legolas or Lìvian return."

Regeína nodded. Elrond got up from his seat, and followed Thranduil into his studies also followed by two guards.

"What's wrong?"

"Elrond. If what you say is true, that Lìvia found the shooting range. Then I fear both Legolas and Lìvia are in grave danger."

"Where in the woods is the range? We could find them."

"I do not know. No one does, except Legolas." Thranduil said looking out the window.

As he did, Thranduil saw branches snapping off. He turned to the guards.

"The sun has already set, find Legolas and Lìvia. Hurry be fore its to late." Thranduil ordered.

The guards nodded and left the room.

Looking back to the window, Elrond looked out the window, seeing the leaves rattle, and branches snapping.

"By the Valar. What is that?"

"If only I knew."

Just then the doors opened and both elves looked to see two guards carrying another guard, clothes ripped. Enough for blood to seep out.

"My King!" One the guards called.

"What happened?" The King asked.

"I was on patrol and I started to hear the branches snapping. Next thing I know, I am being attacked."

"Attacked? Attacked by what?"

"Spiders, my King. Giant spiders."

Elrond looked back at the window, with fear for the safety Lìvia, and the young Prince.

"Just as I thought they were going to finish me off, I heard a scream of a young child. All the spiders fled in that direction."

Elrond turned his attention back to the guard.

"How far off was it?" He asked.

"Very far my Lord. The scream was faint, coming from the South side of the borders.

Thranduil looked at the two guards.

"Find them. Both of them."

~~~