"You did a great job kiddo." My dad told him which Felix was very happy to hear.

"How was the drive?" I asked him.

"Worth it." He answered.

"There’s a car pulling up.  Who is that?" I heard A.J. say.

I went to the window to have a look and my dad's parents were getting out of their car.

Must be a rental, I thought to myself.

"Dad your parents are here." I informed him.

"I know." He simply said.

"They arrived at the hospital as we were leaving and told us that they would come to the house." My mom explained.

"They remembered how to get here?" I asked surprised.

"No.  They asked for the address so that they could program it into the GPS in their car." She said.

"What happened?  They were supposed to fly down 4 days ago." I asked, being nosy.

"They paid for a tour wherever they were and didn't want to miss it." My mom answered.

I looked at my mom trying to see if she was serious and the expression she gave me confirmed it while she helped my dad to get to a chair so he could sit down.

I opened the door before they even rang the doorbell.  They were all smiles while I felt like smacking them upside the head.

"Amanda?  Oh my, you have grown so much!" Linda, my dad’s mom said.

"Well the last time I saw both of you, I was 13 years old...that was 7 years ago..." I told them with annoyance.

"It hasn't been that long, has it?" She asked the man that was next to her, my dad's father, Matt.

"It can't be that long ago." He said to her.

I step out of the way to let them in the house while my head was screaming to shut the door in their faces.  I kept telling myself that my grandparents, my mom's parents were sometimes annoying but they were a million times better than the people in front of me.

"Oh Derrick, how are you darling?" Linda asked him.

"I'm fine." He answered.

My brothers came closer to me, I guess they felt the same way I did.

"Linda, Matt, I'm sure you remember our boys A.J. and Felix." My mom said.

"Yes of course we remember.  You both look so different." Our grandmother said looking at them.  I had a feeling she didn't know which one was A.J. or Felix by the way she was staring at them.  I wanted to laugh.  She said she remembered us but 7 years went by and the last time we saw them Felix was 2 years old.

"We didn't have much time to talk at the hospital, how was your flight?" Mom asked them, pretending like she actually cared.

"Long.  You would think that first class would have better seats for a flight that is fifteen hours.  It was very uncomfortable."

"Where were you?" My dad asked.

"Greece." Matt answered and my dad slowly nodded his head.

"It must have been beautiful." I said.

"Yes very beautiful, but the heat and the humidity, it takes a toll on the body.  With that said, we rested, drank plenty of water and did our best." Linda informed us.

I looked at my mom and she was just looking around.  No one knew how to continue this awkward conversation.

"Is anyone thirsty or hungry?" I asked.