There's a "Yacht" Going On

I s i s

     I wake up to the sun shining brightly in my eyes, streaming in through our tall windows. Harry's curls are draped across his face and onto mine, resting on my cheek in a way that prevents me from being able to see. Carefully, I reach up and brush off the delicate strands, letting them rest in my open palm as I look over at the man next to me. I can't help but be slightly jealous of his long eyelashes, lying perfectly on his cheek.

     The more I think about it, the more I realize that there isn't a single part of Harry that isn't perfect. His smile, his laugh, his tattoos and toned body, along with his gorgeous green eyes are all things that anyone can see and admire. His personality, however, the way he treats people as if they were all descendants of The Queen. . . that's something only a select few get to witness.

It's times like these when I just sit back and let everything sink in. All of the crap I've been through, everything I've overcome--even the things I still struggle with--they've all brought me here. To this moment in time. All of my stupid, last-minute decisions made in desperation, all of my best days... they've all lead me here.

     It just amazes me, I suppose, how every twist and turn that I make, I'll always end up where I'm meant to be. It's a comforting thought.

Harry shifts next to me, and I look over to see him rubbing his eyes mid-yawn. "Good mornng," he mumbles, reaching out to rest his hand on my waist and pull me in for a quick kiss.

"Morning," I respond with a light chuckle, savoring the rare moment of solitude.

      Harry sits up and stumbles out of bed with all the grace of a newborn deer. He tuns to look back at me as I laugh, and the moment he opens the door, Randie comes bounding in. She throws herself onto the bed, rolling around until she's lying on my stomach, arms and legs sprawled out.

"Why don't I get to go on a boat?" She asks, resting her chin on my chest.

I sit up a bit to look at her curiously. "A boat?"

Aideen suddenly pops her head in, grinning as she strides across the room to stand beside the bed. "Randie, it was supposed to be a secret, remember? I was supposed to tell her."

Randie gazes at Aideen innocently, her bright eyes melting my heart. "I was just wonereen," she says quietly.

     Aideen pats her head affectionately and smiles down at me. "The guys and I were hoping that you and Harry would come along with us today, we're headed out on a rental boat."

I look over to Randie, and Aideen immediately holds out her hands to stop me from talking. "Anne and Robin would watch her, they'd have a day at the beach, actually."

I try to silence the thousand questions that are running through my mind as I push hair away from my eyes. "Are either of them good swimmers?"

Harry enters the room again, still in his sweatpants but looking much more awake. "My mom can swim well, I know that much." He takes a seat on the bed next to me and puts a hand on my back. "Wanna' go?"

"I don't know, is it really safe? "

This is what I want to ask, but instead what comes out of my mouth is: "Sure, it sounds like fun."