Chapter 20

•4 Days Later•

•Hayes's POV•

"I don't know what I was thinking. I hurt her bad. I know you wouldn't be happy with me, that's for sure. We haven't been talking for 4 days. I don't even know if she's out of the hospital or not. I didn't mean to." I look up to the words Hamilton Nash Grier, and tears slowly slip down my face. "I miss you so much brother." I look up to the sky, and think about Sam.

It feels like my heart has shattered, broken, evaporated. It's all gone. I miss her so bad, and now I'll never get to get her back. I look back at the grave, and put the flowers by it. Nash wasn't a big fan of flowers, but I really don't give a shit.

I stand up, and turn around to see Sam standing about 5 feet away.

"Sam?" I whisper. She looks at me.

"I was just coming to see Madison. I didn't know you would be here." She says softly. I sigh and look down at the ground.

"Look-" I begin but she quickly interrupts me.

"I don't want to hear it, Hayes." She snaps. I look up at her and tears are in her eyes. I sigh, and it starts to sprinkle.

"I'll just go put the flowers by her grave and then I'll leave. You can go." She says before going to Madison. I walk to my car, but all of a sudden, I hear a siren start blaring. I turn around and see Sam looking up, and she has already put the flowers down. She points to the sky, and I can see the fear in her eyes.

My eyes go to where she's pointing, and I see a giant tornado quickly heading towards us.

"Sam!" I yell and I start to run to her. She runs to me. I grab her hand and she flinches but keeps a hold on it. I pull her toward the car, and the wind picks up even more.

Sam screams as I pull her down on the ground by the car. My arms go around her, and I hold her tight. The car starts to move. All of a sudden, the car blows away, and there's nothing to hold onto anymore. The wind blows us, and I lose my tight grip on Sam.

"HAYES!" She screams. I'm only holding onto her hand. The wind gets even stronger, and I look over to see that the tornado is getting closer. My hand and Sam's start slipping, and then I'm only holding onto her fingers.

"HOLD ON!" I yell. She looks at me, and I can see the fear in her eyes. She calms down, and I regret getting distracted by her, because she lets go. Her fingers slip out of my hands, and then she starts screaming.

"SAM! NO!" I yell, trying to get up. She skids across the ground, fast, and she flips and screams. Then, she's gone. "SAM!" Tears fill my eyes, and I start crying. The wind starts to roar, and I try to move the the nearest tree. I successfully make it, and I hold on for my life.

•3 Hours Later•

•Cameron's POV•

"Hey, it's Sam. You should be texting me!" I groan. This is the 7th time I've heard that voicemail. It's been 3 hours since Sam left to go put flowers by Madison's grave. I've been calling her, but it's been going straight to voicemail.

I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I yell from the couch, still trying to text and call Sam. The foot bursts open, and I turn around quickly to see Hayes. I sigh with relief, and turn back to my phone.

"Gosh, Hayes. I thought you were-"

"There was a tornado at the cemetery, and I lost Sam." He says quickly. My head snaps up, and my heart starts to beat fast.

"What do you mean you lost Sam?" I say, slowly starting to stand up. I turn to look at him, and he looks absolutely terrible. His hair is messed up, there's dirt on his face. I can tell his face is wet from his tears, or rain. How did I not notice that when he came in?

"I don't know! I was holding onto her hand, and then she slipped and I couldn't get another grip on it! Then, she just...disappeared!" He starts crying. My heart is broken, and I collapse on the couch. I start sobbing as well, but louder.

"You're t-telling...me that....she's dead?!" I say I'm between sobs. I don't get an answer, but then I see Hayes in front of me.

"I don't know if she's dead or not! Let's not go to that solution, ok?!" He yells. I punch the pillow, and stand up quickly. Hayes flinches.

"THIS IS YOUR FUCKING FAULT HAYES! YOU LET HER GO!" I yell, and I pick up the lamp and throw it down.

"Cam, it's not my fault." His voice cracks. "Don't put this on me."

"YOU KNOW ITS YOUR FAULT! EVERYTHING'S YOUR FAULT, AND YOU KNOW IT!" I yell. I'm not meaning to say any of these things, but this is what it's like losing both of your sisters. Everything I had...gone, just like that.

I collapse again, and I sob. And sob, and sob.

"I'm sorry....I'm sorry." I whisper. Hayes moves closer to me, and he grabs my wrist. "I didn't mean it!" He nods.

"It's ok, Cameron. It's ok." Tears are rolling down his face, too.

Everything's gone. Everything. Samantha and Sierra. Gone. My two younger sisters. Gone. Nash. Gone. Madison. Gone. Shawn. Gone. In a blink of an eye. Gone forever. And it hurts like hell.

•••••

Ughhhh! I'm so sorry I'm not updating! 😭 Hope you guys still love me.