Chapter 11

•Nash's POV•

I'm terrified. Skylynn has to be safe. She can't die, she has a whole life ahead of her. I look back at Hayes, and he has his head in his hands. I turn back. Matthew could have already gotten Sky. What if she's already dead? Then, Cameron's phone rings. I pick it up, and it has Sam's face on the screen.

"It's Sam." I whisper. I hear Hayes come up beside me. I answer it.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Nash? Is that you?" Sam asks. I close my eyes.

"Yes." I answer. I look over at Cameron and a tear is rolling down his cheek. "Where are you?" I ask.

"I'm in Alabama, and Matthew left to kidnap Sky." She whispers. I lean my head back.

"This can't be happening." I whisper to myself. I hear a bang on the phone, and a door creak open.

"Nash!" Sam screams.

"Get off the damn phone!" I hear Matthew yell. Everyone in the car stays silent.

"3721 Westchester Drive in Alabama! That's where we are!" Sam yells. I hear a gunshot, and a scream.

"SKYLYNN!" Sam yells.

"I'm fine!" I hear a little girl voice yell in the background.

"Sky! Are you ok?!" I yell into the phone. I hear another scream.

"LET ME GO!" Sam yells. A hear a muffling sound, and another voice comes over the phone.

"Nash? Hayes?" Sky asks. I lean up in my chair.

"Sky. We're right here." Hayes says into the phone.

"Guys. He took Sam somewhere. I don't know where she went, but they're gone." Sky says. Cameron starts crying.

"Are you ok? I heard a gunshot." I ask nervously. I look over at Cameron and he's running his fingers through his hair.

"I have a little scrape but I'm good. No worries." She says. She sounds like an adult when she's talking to us.

"We're gonna get you both out." Hayes says. We all hear another gunshot in the background, and then we hear a door open.

"Sam!" Skylynn yells. I hear muffling. "Where's Matthew?" Skylynn asks.

"I shot him. He's not dead, but we have to run somewhere safe while we can." Sam says.

"Sam!" Cameron yells. I hear silence on the phone.

"Cam?" Sam whispers. Cameron slowly takes the phone.

"Are you ok?" Cameron asks. I hear sniffling on the phone.

"No. I'm scared." Sam says. Cameron sighs.

"So are we. We're gonna get you out ok? We're on our way to Alabama and we're probably three fourths of the way there." Cameron says.

"Thank god." Sam says. "We have to go find somewhere safe. We love you guys."

"We love you too." We all say. Then the call hangs up. I reach over to Cam and grab his shoulder. He starts calming down a little bit.

"They're fine." I whisper. He looks at me and nods his head.

•Sam's POV•

"We have to go Sky." I say as I start getting up. She grabs my hand, and I hold it tightly. We get to where I shot Matthew, and he's laying there moaning.

"You fucking bitch." He says to me. I cover Sky's ears.

"Little ears around." I say. I walk over to him and kick him, hard.

"Asshole!" He yells as we run out. We get to the door and open it. I pick Skylynn up and run over to the bushes. We get in them and duck. I hear a door open.

"Shh. We have to be quiet." I whisper to Sky. She nods and we try to get lower in the bushes. I hear footsteps, and then I hear a gun load.

"This is going to be a fun game of hide and seek." I hear Matthew say. Then I hear sirens. Police sirens. I look out of the little hole in the bushes, and 4 police cars pull up. A familiar car pulls up behind them.

"Cameron." I whisper. Sky grabs my hand.

"It's them." She whispers in excitement. I hear footsteps, and Matthew appears.

"Shit." I whisper. He picks Skylynn up, and throws her out of the bushes. Then, he pulls me up, and puts the gun to my head. I look around, and I see Cameron standing behind the police officers along with Nash and Hayes.

"Leave her alone!" I hear Skylynn yell. I look over just in time to see Matthew kick her. She screams. I hear a gunshot and Matthew crumples to the ground. I scream and cover my head.

"SAM!" I hear Cameron yell. I look back at Skylynn, but she is laying on the ground motionless.

_______________________________

Little longer chapter this time! Next chapter is going to be intense!