Chapter 14

•1 month later•

•Sam's POV•

"Let's go do something fun!" Carter yells. I look up from my phone.

"Like what?" I ask. He shrugs.

"Like laser tagging or something. We all need it." He says. I look over at Cameron, and he nods. I sigh. Ever since Hayes died, I haven't been the same at all. None of us have.

I stand up. Everyone looks at me.

"What are we waiting for? Let's go." I say with a fake smile. Everyone stands up. Cameron comes over and puts an arm around me, and I lay my head on his shoulder.

"I know you miss him Sam." He says. I look up at him.

"Can we not talk about Hayes?" I say a little too loudly. I see Nash look at us in the corner of my eye.

"Sorry." He mumbles bringing his arm down. I roll my eyes and walk out of the door. I take a deep breath, and my eyes start to water.

"I miss you Hayes." I whisper to the sky.

"I'm right here." I hear someone whisper. I look around me and see no one. I sigh. Everyone comes out. I put on a weak smile, and wait until the end of the people come. I look around for Madison, and then I realize that she's gone too. I sigh again.

We get to the place and get out. When we get in, I see a bunch of arcade games. I walk over to a Star Wars game. I feel someone come up behind me, and I turn around to see Nash.

"You okay?" He asks. I nod. He looks at me, and puts his mouth next to my ear. "I know you're not Sam, just tell me." I back up.

"You already know Nash. I don't want to talk about it." I say turning away. I look around the place, and see a sign that says, "Observation Room." I make sure no one is watching, and I start walking up the stairs.

I get upstairs, and go into the observation room. I sit on one of the stools, and look at the arena. My eyes start to water. I wish Madison and Hayes were here. They could be having as much fun as we are, and it wouldn't be different for anyone. I start crying. Tears keep rolling down my face, but I can't stop them.

•Cameron's POV•

We're about to go inside, and our group gathers together.

"We're gonna do an attendance count!" I shout. Everyone agrees. "Nash!"

"Here."

"Carter!"

"Here."

"Sam!" We get no response. "Sam!" I yell again. Everyone looks around the group, but we don't see her anywhere. "Guys look for Sam." I say. Everyone splits up, and I go up the stairs. I look around the tables. I stay quiet for a minute, and then I hear sniffling. I look to see a sign that says, "Observation Room" and the sniffling gets louder as I walk closer to it. I open the curtain, and see Sam on a stool crying her eyes out. She turns around.

"Cameron." She whispers. I walk to her, and wrap my arms around her. She cries into my chest. "I miss them so much." Her voice cracks.

"Me too." I say. "C'mon, it's almost time to play." She pulls away and shakes her head.

"I'll stay up here and watch. I don't feel like playing." She says. I shake my head and grab her arm.

"No Sam, you're going." I say pulling her. She tries to hold back.

"Cam, stop." She says. I keep pulling her.

"C'mon." I play around.

"Cameron!" I stop and look at her. "I said no." She says. I nod my head and walk out of the room. I walk down the stairs, and shake my head.

"Did you find her?" Nash says coming up to me. I nod. "Where is she?"

"She's not playing." I say. Nash looks confused, and everyone comes up to us. "But let's not worry about her, let's just have some fun!" I shout. Everyone nods, and then starts to get hyper.

•Matthew's POV•

(Sorry for all of the POVs! Lol)

It's been a month since I last attacked anyone. I miss seeing Sam's scared face. I miss the killings. I sit in my car outside of the laser tag place, waiting for all of my friends to come. I recognize a few cars, but I don't worry about it.

(Just so you know, his friends are attackers too. They don't know that Cameron and everyone else are at the same laser tag place as them. The police haven't caught any of them yet.)

I decide to get out, and I grab my pocketknife and put it in my pocket just in case. I close the car door and walk to the entrance. I open the door, and see a group of people going in the arena. One turns around, and I'm shocked. It's Cameron.

"Shit." I say looking down. This means that Sam is around here somewhere. I smirk, and once the door closes, I lift my head up and look for Sam. A few people come in, and I turn around to see Josh, Michael, and Tom.

"What's up!" Michael yells. I walk to him and give him a bro hug.

"We have a target." I say smirking.

"Who?" Josh asks getting anxious.

"Miss Samantha Elizabeth Dallas. She's here right now and I need you guys to help me find her before the group comes out." I say. They all nod and start looking.

I see a staircase and decide to go up it. There is a curtain, and I go through it, and there she sits. She doesn't realize that I came in, so I go up behind her and cover her mouth. She starts screaming. I pick her up, and she screams louder.

"I found her! Guys get up here and help me!" I yell. I hear shouting, and then I hear a gunshot.
"What the fuck?" I say to myself. Sam keeps fighting against me, and someone else comes by her feet.

Michael points a gun at her, and she goes quiet.

"Shut the hell up." He says. I look around, and see a worker dead on the ground, and Josh and Tom around him. Michael and I go down the stairs.

"Guys catch!" I yell and Michael and I hoist Sam over the bar, and throw her over. Sam starts screaming, and Josh and Tom catch her.

Michael and I run down the stairs to where the others are.

"Where's my family." Sam demands.

"They're still playing dumbass," I say. "And you're gonna wish they were here. Let's go." I say. We all pick her up.

"No! Let me go!" Sam screams. Josh opens the door, and we drag her outside. Before I close the door, I see everyone come out of the game.

_______________________________

I know I haven't updated in a week. I promise that I haven't forgotten about you guys! I'll try to update more often but we have freaking ISTEP this week so yeah. But I have almost the whole book planned out! Love you guys!