Chapter 7

•Cameron's POV•

"Sam! Are you ok?" I say running my fingers through her hair.

"Cam, I'm..not going to...make it." She says I'm between breaths.

"The ambulance is on its way. Please stay with me." I say staring to pick her up. She gasps.

"Ow ow ow." She whispers.

"I have to get you downstairs." I say.

"Cameron they're here!" Nash yells. "They're up there." I hear footsteps coming up the stairs, and the medics run into the room.

"I'm going to have to ask you to get off of the victim." One says. I nod and walk to the doorway. They put Sam on a stretcher and take her out.

"Cam! Cam!" She whimpers.

"I'm right behind you." I say. We get to the ambulance and Nash and me climb in the back of the ambulance.

"Get an IV in her and try to get that knife out." A medic says before closing the door. The other medic looks at us.

"Hi I'm Ciara and I'll be taking care of you today." Ciara says. I grab Sam's hand and she squeezes it tightly.

"Just get the knife out." Sam begs. Ciara looks at me and I nod. She looks back at Sam and smiles a weak smile.

"Hold very still. This might hurt." She says as she grabs the handle. Sam closes her eyes.

"Hey, look at me." I say to Sam. She opens her eyes and they're filled with tears. "Remember when me and Nash were doing a challenge and I cut my foot so bad?" She nods smiling. Nash looks at me. "Remember how I was tough?" I ask. She nods. "You're going to do that. Be tough and don't give up. Do you hear me?" I ask. She nods.

"The knife is out." Ciara says. Sam looks at her shocked.

"Really? I didn't even feel it." She says, her voice hoarse. Ciara nods.

"Your big brother right there distracted you from the pain." Ciara says. Sam smiles. 'Thank you' she mouths to me. I wipe away a tear and kiss Sam's forehead.

•At the hospital•
•Sam's POV•

I couldn't believe this was happening. It turns out, this is probably going to be the worst summer ever. My mom and dad don't know about this yet, and I plan on it to stay that way.

"Cam?" I whisper as we get to the hospital room. He looks at me. "Don't tell mom and dad. Please." I beg. He sighs.

"Ok. I promise." He says. Nash is in the waiting room, but the medics allowed Cam to come with me before I have surgery. I feel a pinch in my arm and I realize that they put the IV in. I guess Ciara forgot to do it in the ambulance. We get to the room and they put me on the bed.

"Cam. Don't leave." I say squeezing his hand. He turns back to me.

"I have to. I wish I could stay but they just told me to go to the waiting room with Nash." He says. "Good luck." Then he walks out.

"Cameron! Come back! Please!" I yell. Another medic rushes to my side.

"Calm down sweetie. You're going to be fine." He says. I shake my head as years roll down my face.

"I want my brother." I whisper. One person puts a mask on my mouth, and before I know it, I fall into a deep sleep.

_______________________________

Hey guys! I really hope you guys are liking the book. If you are, vote and comment! I need your opinion! Next chapter will probably be after school or tonight! Love you guys!