Chapter 8

•Nash's POV•

I sit in the waiting room and wait. Cameron comes back in and sits down beside me.

"How is she?" I ask.

"She's about to go into surgery, but I think she'll be fine." He says. I sigh and lean back.

"Why would Matthew, out of all people, do this?" I ask. Cameron shakes his head.

"I don't know." He answers. I remember the words Cameron said in the ambulance.

"Hey. In the ambulance, what do you mean but I can't lose you too?" Cameron looks at me and takes a deep breath.

"Sierra killed herself 2 months ago. She was getting bullied online and she just did it. I was the one that found her hanging from her fan in her room." His voice starts to crack. "Her face was purple, and she was just hanging there, motionless." A tear rolls down his cheek.

"I'm so sorry. Why didn't you tell me this?" I ask. Sierra was his other younger sister. She was 15.

"I didn't feel like talking about it." Cameron says. I sigh and hug Cameron.

"We're brothers. You can tell me anything." I say.

•1 hour later•

It seems like forever when the doctor finally comes.

"Samantha Dallas?" She asks when she enters the room. Cameron and I stand up.

"How is she? Is she ok?" Cameron asks.

"She lost a lot of blood, but we patched up the wound. She's fine for right now." She answers. Cameron takes a deep breath.

"Can we see her?" I ask. The doctor finally looks at me.

"Right this way." She says starting to walk. We follow her, and they lead us to Sam's room. We get there, and Sam is asleep. She has tubes down her throat, and she's covered up with a thin blanket. I close my eyes. I hate seeing her like this. Cameron walks over to the bedside and grabs her hand, and I sit down in one of the chairs.

•Cameron's POV•

Sam's hand is so cold, it reminds me of Sierra's face when I touched it.

"Sam?" I whisper. She lays there asleep. "Sam, I just wanted to let you know that you mean the world to me. I'm sorry that this happened to you." I take a breath. "If I lose you, my life would be over. You're all I have. Dad and Sierra are gone. Nash wouldn't be the same either. You're like a little sister to him, you know that?" I feel tears rolling down my cheeks. "I love you so much Samantha." I lay my head on her head.

"I love you too Cam." I hear a whisper. I look up at Sam, and she's smiling a weak smile.

"S-Sam?" I say touching her face. She grabs it.

"Hi." She giggles. Nash comes up behind me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Hey Sam." He says. She smiles.

"Where's Hayes and everybody else?" She asks. Her voice is almost completely gone.

"They went to get a hotel for us." I answer. She starts to sit up. "Whoa what are you doing?" I say staring to lay her back down.

"I'm going home right?" She asks. I shake my head.

"No no no. You're staying here for the night and probably the next." I say. Sam looks confused.

"But I'm fine." She says.

"You have to stay here Sam. You have to heal." Nash says.

"Oh." She says. I smile. "I want to see Hayes." She says.

"You'll see him tomorrow. We'll bring him tomorrow, but right now we have to go." I say.

"Awe man, but we were just starting to talk!" She says. I chuckle.

"We'll see you tomorrow ok. I love you." I say kissing her forehead. Nash does the same.

"Love you guys. Bye." She says. Nash and I walk out, and head to the hotel.

_______________________________

Hope you guys are liking the book! Love you all!