Untitled #14 (Part 1)

Damon and yourself have just gotten back from a long overdo date. He's been so busy helping the sheriff solve the animal attack cases, that he hasn't had time to spend with you. To talk, catch up or even just watch a movie at his place. Nothing. Just lonely nights and quick hello's.
But tonight he went all out. First, you went to dinner at the Grill and than played pool before he surprised you with a late night picnic in the park; which was just wine and crackers and cheese. It was simple, yet elegant. You couldn't help but smile the whole time. Not only happy he made time for you, but that nothing and no one was around to ruin it or disturb you. After some wine and food, you laid on the blanket and just stared up at the stars. You talked about pretty much anything and everything; filling each other in about what's been going on.
At around 2:30am, you both decided that it was time you both head home and get some sleep; especially since Damon has to get up and help Liz out again. You wish he didn't have to work so much, but he likes it and it keeps him out of trouble....sometimes.
You smile slightly at the thought, as you walk up the front steps of your house.
"What are you smiling at?" He asks, breaking you out of your thoughts.
You look over at him, "oh nothing really. Just about tonight and how wonderful it was." You smile even bigger this time.
Damon notices how your eyes are sparkling with gratitude and ...something else that he can't quite pin point.
"It turned out quite well...if I do say so myself." He says, in a humorous smug tone; while fixing his pretend tie.
"This is one time I will agree with you. I just wish the night didn't have to end is all." Your smile slowly disappears. You walk closer to your door; about to open it when Damon grabs your hand.
"Y/N, it doesn't have to." He stares deeply into your eyes. You look back with the same amount of intensity, looking for humour in his eyes; but you find none. Except seriousness ...and something else you can't quite put your finger on.
————————
Damon continues to stare into your eyes, desperately wanting you to answer; desperately wanting you to say yes and invite him in. Especially since he's never actually been in the house. Inside his sighs deeply, just wishing he could tell you...tell you the biggest piece of the puzzle, he calls his life. He could blurt it out, but than you would run for the hills and never want to see or speak to him again. Or maybe sit you down and explain everything. Tell you all about what's going on in Mystic Falls, all around you and every other human being in the god forsaken town. But instead, he stays quiet. Still waiting for your answer.
————————
You contemplate letting him in, and maybe...just maybe getting to know him better. Or maybe just skip that part and get right down to business; especially with him answering the question you've been racking your brain over for awhile now: what isn't he telling you?
You smile at him, "how about a drink? You like bourbon right?"
His eyes widen and he smiles, "Yes I do."
"Well alright than. Come on in." You say quietly. Than you both walk on in.
You hear him sigh, like in relief or something. You were about to ask him about it, but than just shrugged off and went to get that much needed drink. Maybe that'll give you the kick in the ass you need to actually ask him what he's hiding.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You finish off your second glass of bourbon and it's now 3:30, and all either of you has managed to do is make small talk. And there's a slight awkwardness in the air.
"Y/N there's something...." He starts off, at the same time you say...
"Damon there's something I ..."
You both laugh.
"Go ahead Y/N, what were you going to say?"
"Oh no. You first"
"Ladies first ...Y/N"
"Uhhh, well alright." You close your eyes and take a deep breath, praying to whatever God is out there that you don't screw up this relationship by prying into his life.
"Damon...I like you...a lot. I love spending time with you; when we can. And it doesn't matter what we do, you always make it fun. But I have this feeling..." And you look at him for a split second, but decide not to look at him at all; in fear that you'll back out. "I have this feeling...that your not telling me the whole truth."
He sighs, "I see."
You turn your body so your facing him completely now. 'It's now or never to get this over with.' ... "It's not that I don't trust you, Damon. I do...I do trust you. But whenever I ask you how a case went or how your day has gone, I feel like your leaving a big part of it out. I feel like your keeping something from me and if this relationship is to go any further I wa..."
"Relationship?"
"Well this is what it is, is it not?"
'Shit', you think. 'I've thought about this too much and now it's over before it even began.'
"Oh of course. I just....I don't know. I haven't really used that word in awhile since I've never really dated anybody. For long periods of time."
"Oh. Okay. I see. Uhm.." You shift a little awkwardly.
"Please continue what your were gonna say."
"Oh right. Yes. Uhh, what was I saying again?" You can't believe you said that. You hadn't even thought of dating him till just recently. You only thought of him as a friend and now your mouth has probably ruined everything for you.
He chuckles, "you were saying how you think I'm keeping something from you and that if this relationship is to go any fur.."
"Oh. Yes. I remember. If this relationship is to go any further.." Even though you highly doubt it will now... "I want us to be honest with each other. With everything." You force a smile, cause now it is awkward.
He places his elbows in his knees and rubs his face with his hands. After a long drawn out few seconds, he finally says, "okay. I agree with you. We should be honest about everything. No secrets."
"Right" you smile, more relaxed now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Well this isn't how I thought this would go. I thought I'd be the one sitting her down and telling her everything. Not vice versa-ish.'
'Should I just tell her, right here right now? Or just tell her that I like my privacy and honesty has never really worked out for me?'
Damon leans forward and places his elbow on his knees, and rubs his face.
'Well..she's right if this relationship is to become something more, honesty is the best policy. Well that's what Stefan always tells me anyway. Here goes nothing, I guess.'
"Okay. I agree with you. We should be honest about everything. No secrets." 'No secrets', he keeps telling himself.
"Right" she says, relaxing a little.
"But you have to promise me something, Y/N. You have to promise me that after I tell you my story and what I'm hiding, that no matter what....you don't freak out? Please."
"Well because you said please.." She jokes a little, trying to lighten the mood. "I promise Damon."
"Okay. Y/N I'm a vampire." There I said it, let the screaming begin. He sits there waiting for you to say something, but nothing. You just sit there, neutral.
"Is that your story? Your a vampire? That's it?" She asks.
"Well....no. I just thought I would get the big piece out of the way, but I thought you would actually freak out."
She stares him blankly, "Damon....I promised I wouldn't freak out AFTER you've told me the whole story. But You haven't yet though." She leans back and relaxes.
"Okaaaay."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Has he lost his marbles? A vampire really? Those are mythical supernatural creatures? Meaning not real, only exist in books and movies. Like Twilight. Honestly, maybe I was wrong. Maybe I shouldn't have asked.'
You contemplate it a little more.. 'No no. This is what you asked for. And you promised that you wouldn't freak. And maybe he's kidding. Maybe he's just trying to lighten the mood. Yeah that's it. Besides, I wanted to hear his story.'
(So the story begins)
After about an hour of him talking about...'vampires? Werewolves? Witches?! He's nuts. He's totally lost it. All that moving around messed with his head and he's finally snapped and I....got stuck with him. Great!!'
He finishes off by telling you why he came back to Mystic Falls, how he's living with his brother, whose also a vampire, in their old home from 1864 and than stops with the night you two met.
"There. That's all of it. No secrets." He says, than takes a deep breath.
You just sit there. Quiet. Waiting for him to say, haha gotcha. Now here's my real story... But after about 30seconds nothing comes. He sits there, quiet as well and sits back on the couch.
You lean forward, 'Damon, I did promise I wouldn't freak out and I'm not going too. But do you really think I'm gonna fall for all...that? Vampires, Werewolves and Witches are not real. Ok? Their MYTHical supernatural creatures and their NON-existent. Please tell me that's not the story your sticking to?"
"Y/N, that's the truth. That's my story. Those are my secrets. Your the first person I've even explained everything to. I swear I'm not making it up."
"Really? So what your saying is, that after you leave here...your not going to run to your, what was she called? Doppelgänger Girlfriend? You know the girl you met your first night back."
"Y/N, I won't and I'm not going too. I don't plan on leaving here."
"Oh really. So what are you gonna do? 'Suck my blood'? Ooh I'm so scared."
"Your lucky I won't. Your heart beat is racing so fast that it actually makes me want to. The more scared you are, the better your blood is." He says, with a cocky grin on his face.
Okay now I'm seriously scared. He can't be serious...but he might be. It could explain all those...'wait, what are you thinking? None of what he's telling you is real....but maybe some of it is?'
"Show me"
"What?"
"Show me your vampire side. Give me proof that everything you just said is real, and I'll believe you. Seeing is believing you know."
"Ok" he says. And in a split second there are dark veins popping out of his cheeks and he's eyes go dark and he has this ....killer look on his face. No pun intended.
You get up to run away, but all of a sudden he's right in front of you.
"It's true. It's all true." You whisper. Your still scared, but your curiosity outweighs your fear. Your reach up and touch his cheeks. Running your thumb over the veins. Feeling how each one pulsates under your touch.
"Feed on me."
"Y/N I.."
"Feed on me. Your already ready to suck someone's blood, why can't it be me?" He looked at you with a look of want and ....pleading almost.
"It's going to hurt."
"Okay" you move your Y/H/C hair out of the way and tilt your head off to the side a little. He hesitates for a few seconds, but than he puts one hand on your neck and the other on your waist. Than he sinks his teeth deep into your neck.
He's right. It does hurt. But the feeling of the blooding leaving your body is...an erotic feeling. You relax under his touch and enjoy the feeling.
And just think, a few seconds ago you were ready to run away from him.
But After what seems like an eternity, he pulls back. And looks at you. Veins and dark eyes slowly disappearing. His face covered in blood, which makes him look like a monster; but again, it's almost erotic to you and all you want to do is kiss him. Taste your own blood and just see what's so enjoyable about it.
And your about to, but than you feel extremely tired all of a sudden and want to pass out. He catches you and whispers sorry. You just smile and than fall asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Damn! Why did I take so much? I could've killed her. But her blood tastes so good. It's sweet like her, but has ...I don't know... A kick to it I guess. Whatever it is, it was good and I would've kept going; had it not been for the fact that I actually like her and don't want to kill her.'
Damon holds you bridal style in his arms for a bit, before he finally decides he's going to take you upstairs and put you to bed.
He lays you in your bed and than quickly goes to the washroom to clean up and grab a towel to clean you up. First he feeds you some of his blood so the wounds will heal. Than he cleans off your neck and tries to get the blood off your shirt before it stains.
He's about to leave when you wake up slightly and say, "please don't leave. Stay."
He smiles and takes off his shoes and jacket, while you move over to let him in. You face the window while he climbs in behind you. You reach behind you and grab his arm and put it around your waist; feeling more secure than you've ever felt.
He sighs in content, and rests his head with yours.
"Good Night Y/N"
"Good Night Damon"
'I could get use to this' he thinks not knowing that, that's exactly what your thinking.