Grandfather

Ever since, her secret had been out. Everyone treated her differently. Everywhere she goes, the students will be wary of her. Just then, Minwoo came over and walked beside her.

"I heard what just happened," Minwoo said.

"I don't know why he did that," Jieun said.

"Did you go to his office?" Minwoo asked.

"I did but his secetary told me that he was on business trip for a conference," She said.

"There must be a reason why he did that," Minwoo thought of a possibility.

When they reached their class, everyone stopped what they were doing and focusing on her. Minwoo told her to not to care and pulled her straight to their seats. Then, one their classmates came over and wanted to give something to her.

"Jieun ah, I still haven't pay the money you lended me. Here," He gave a $10 bill.

"You don't have to pay back. I'm sincere to help you. Besides, you had a difficult time than the rest of us," Jieun said to him.

"But I..don't want to get expelled just because of this. I heard from someone that if we didn't return anything that you have lended to us, we will get expelled from this school," He told her.

"What? Who told you that?" Jieun asked.

"I just overheard from a group of people. Please take this," He pushed the note to her and walked off after that.

Minwoo and Jieun looked at each other.

"They all seemed wary of you," Minwoo said.

"I don't like this feeling..," Jieun said.

"I can't believe he broke the promise you and him made," Minwoo folded his arms across.

"But I don't know why he did this..in the first place," Jieun thought.

Just then, Jiyeon saw the both of them and rolled her eyes as if she seemed unsatisfied with something. After school, Jieun went straight home to talk to her parents but her maid told her that her parents had went on a business trip and will be back after 2 weeks. As days went by, she became frustrated and wanted to confront the person who exposed her real self.

After several days, Jieun decided to go to the headmaster's office after the secetary called her. Jieun pushed the door opened and slammed the door which made the headmaster's surprise.

"Ah, Jieun. What can I do for you?" The headmaster curved a smile.

"...Harabeoji!" Jieun called him out.

"Wae?" Her grandfather, the headmaster asked.

"Didn't you promise to stay low till I graduated?" Jieun stormed towards his table and gave a glare.

"....What are you talking about?" He pretended not to know anything.

"Harabeoji!" She shouted.

"Shhh! Tone it down. Mind your manners in this office," Her grandfather shushed her.

She folded her arms across and turned around, not wanting to face him as she was still angry with him.

"Jieun ah, sit down first," He said.

Jieun still stood on her spot. Her grandfather stood up and went to her and forced her to sit.

"Jieun ah, listen to me. There's something that you need to know," Her grandfather went to tell her.

"Bwoh?" She asked without looking at him.

Suddenly, two black suits men came in. Jieun looked at them with curiosity.

"Sir, they'll be here in 15 minutes," One of them informed him.

"Harabeoji, who are they and who is here?" Jieun asked.

"Quick. I want one of you to escort her to class now without being seen by those people. Take very good care of my granddaughter," Her grandfather ordered.

One of them carefully escorted her out and led her to her class. Fortunately, there was no one in the hallway. When they reached the class, she stopped him from opening the door.

"You can go now. I do not want any of my classmates to see you," Jieun said.

"Sorry. But I have to be with you at all times whether in the class or anywhere. Order given by your grandfather," He said.

She rolled her eyes and tried to think of something and finally said something,"Fine. But stay outside class till I finished my class."

He nodded and stood outside the class. Jieun walked into the class and apologised for being late. Everyone looked at her and started to whisper one another. Jieun walked to her seat and sat down. The teacher continued the class after she settled down.Minwoo who sat beside her, whispered,"Why are you late?"

"Later I'll tell you," She whispered back.

During break, Minwoo and Jieun sat on the swing at the garden of the school. Jieun told him briefly and he too was shocked.

"What?! Are you serious?!" Minwoo gasped.

He turned to the two black suit men who had stood behind her the whole time.

"Wow...how can all this happen in a short period of time?" Minwoo wondered.

"That was what I was thinking too..Harabeoji didn't even tell me anything and I'm stuck with these two," Jieun sighed.