Chapter Forty

Cecily's POV one week later...

After a while of being stuck in the hospital, I was more then glad to hear that the doctor told Kellin that he could go home. I didn't mind staying there with him, but boredom kicked in after two weeks and I felt like my skin was starting to crawl. The doctor gave Kellin a clean bill of health and prescription pain meds just to take the edge off his fractured ribs. I thank god everyday that he made it out of the accident alive, I don't know what I would have done if I had lost the baby and Kellin. I probably would have had a nervous breakdown. 

"I asked Jake to go home first and grab you some clothes, the doctors and nurses kind of destroyed your last outfit" Andy tells me, coming into the room.

I look up at him and smile. I don't know what I'd do without him either, he's been my rock through all of this, Andy is constantly making me forget about all of the bad things that have happened. "Okay" I say to him "thank you"

He chuckles as he sits down next to me on the bed "okay? Your not afraid of what he's going to pick out?"

At that I giggle "maybe a little, but I'm just glad I'm getting out of here... I'm starting to go crazy"

Andy sighs and wraps me into a hug "Cecily you were crazy before you got here"

I fake a gasp and lightly smack his chest "meanie"

He kisses my forehead "maybe, but you still love me"

I smile. It's true I do still love him. After everything we've been through, some might think it's his fault and that I should leave him, but I don't blame Andy for anything that has happened. The world is cruel and I believe that there is a better place somewhere when we die. Shelby wasn't ready for this world so fate took her away to be in a better place. Maybe fate knew that I wasn't ready or that I wasn't going to be a good mom, so she couldn't be with me just yet.

And my past with Kellin, if he hadn't abused me I would have never ran away and I never would have met Andy at that club.

If Andy never hit me I never would have reconnected with my brother, Ronnie and I would still be estranged and angry at each other.

Lastly, if Ronnie never took me home I never would have given Kellin a second chance... I would have never known the happiness of carrying a baby. Shelby would have never been. Even though she didn't make it, there are too many factors that further prove my initial thought. Their was a reason she passed away and I can't blame anyone for that.

"I love you too Andy, so much"

He smiles and holds me tighter "I've waited a long time for someone to say that back to me"

"Andy, your only twenty five" I tease him

"Yeah but..." He sighs "I'm just glad I found you, even though our relationship wasn't always perfect, we've worked it out and stayed together. I'm so lucky to have you"

My heart warms at his words and I have to stop myself from crying. Not sad tears but happy ones. Because I know I'm lucky to have him too.

 Because I know I'm lucky to have him too