Promise - Chapter Fourteen

Cecily's POV

It was hard to walk away.

To watch the look on his face as Kellin started to drive.

I don't know who it was harder for though, me or Andy.

Everyday that passed felt like torture. Like my soul was being ripped out of my body and thrown into a deep dark prison that Andy created. He did this, not me... right?

I would have stayed with him forever if he would have told me to stay. I would have forgotten all the little things that went wrong and all the horrible things. I forgave Kellin, I could have easily forgave Andy, he just didn't want to give me a chance.

None of it matters now.

People are people and sometimes it doesn't work out.

According to Ricky, Andy has already moved on. Found another girl to kidnap and break her heart little by little until there is nothing left but sadness and regret. "She looks exactly like you" Ricky said over the phone "Cecily its maddening, how could he-" I cut him off before he could finish his sentence, because I already know what he was about to say 'how could he do this to me? to us?' I don't have an answer and I never will. Andy chose to be without me and there is nothing I can do to fix that. To fix him. The conversation with Ricky was cut short, just like every conversation I have with him. I swear as soon as Andy finds out I'm on the phone with Ricky he gets pissed. I have the right to talk to whom ever I want to, Andy doesn't own me anymore. But somehow no one else sees that, I'm still Andy's girl in everyone's eyes... even Kellin's.

Since I've been back the only person that I have talked to is Ricky. My own brother hasn't said one word to me, not even a simple hello. And Kellin hasn't even been home since he brought me back. Its like I'm the fucking plague and everyone has to avoid Cecily at all costs. Hell who knows I might even have the illness that starts up the zombie apocalypse! You know what no not even that, I've got fucking cooties, that's it! It must be! Why else would I be alone and forgotten about. Why else would both men that I love be avoiding me like I don't exist?

Maybe the car crashed and I'm dead.

What if I had died

Maybe I'm better off dead (yes that SWS pun was intended, I couldn't help myself ;)

Everything would be better if I had just died that night Andy 'punished' me. If he had just hit me one more time. Sent one more kick to my chest. Choked me a little harder.

I wouldn't be alone anymore.

Closing my eyes, I shake off the thought of death. I'm alive and I want to stay that way, I will not end my life because of a man. Even if I did love him.

Kellin's POV

Everything is almost finished! Its taken me a week to find all of these photos, but I've managed to dig up all of them. Our old photo albums that Cecily used to spend her time creating, she use to stay up all night just to get them perfect. I would wake up and the blanket would be covered in paper and glue, it was amazing to watch her doing something she loved. Doing these photo albums brought her so much joy. I just can't wait to see that again, I cant wait to see her happy. Its been so long.

After I finish wrapping all of the old albums in wrapping paper and putting bows on them, I wrap the new one I bought her. I think I did a damn good job picking it out too, if I do say so myself. The cover is a dark blue - her favorite color - with gray lace on the binding, the pages are also gray and the first picture I put on the first page is me and Cecily when we were little, playing on the playground by our houses. That playground was like a sanctuary for her, every time something bad would happen I could always find her there. It was also the place we had our first kiss and the place I asked her to be my girlfriend. That playground holds so many happy memories just like these photo albums and I'm praying that these Christmas presents will bring a smile to her face again.

I take a deep breath before knocking on her door. Almost instantly she opens it "Hi" I say smiling

"Hi?" She replies, confused "do you mean hi, as in hi I haven't spoken to you since I brought you here and now I want to start a random conversation?" She shakes her head "is that what you were going for Kels?"

I smirk "you haven't called me that for a long ass time"

Her face gets pink "I-I it just slipped"

I nod and bring her body close to mine "c'mon here and hug me goddammit"

She laughs in my arms, hugging me back

"I have a good reason for not talking to you, you know... And I think your going to like it"

"Kellin-"

I cut her off with a kiss

At first I could feel the shock in her body, the want to pull away from the kiss. But once I whispered "it's ok, I'm back baby... I'll never hurt you again" she looked at me and did the unimaginable... She kissed me.