Epilogue: Aleena

I will be hopping from dates to dates but bare with me.

I just want it to end the way I imagine it to end.

Lord Dagliesh's POV:

(Honeymoon)

"Why are you smiling?" I asked breathing in the sweet scent of her hair.

I could feel her smiling.

She turned in my arms to face me.

"Because, I actually married for love. In my culture you don't always marry someone who you are in love with... almost the same way it is in London." She continued smiling.

"Well, we are no longer in London now, this is Paris."

She snuggled closer towards me.

"I know. I've never been here before. The view from this window is beautiful." She looked over her shoulder at the window beside us.

The wind blew through the window and her hair blew in the wind.

I planted a kiss on the side of her cheek.

"So are you."

She chuckled.

Another wind blew through the window this time carrying a scent of pastries, precisely croissants and crepes.

I heard the growl of both our stomachs.

We both chuckled.

"Well, I guess we better go eat now." She sat up.

"Certainly, but what should we order?" I asked trying to remember the menu.

"Hmm...ah, chocolate croissants!"

************************************************************

(One year later)

I analyzed the round belly of Kamini as she slept.

I placed my hand on her belly to see if I would get a response from our little angel.

The baby has responded to Kamini's voice but hasn't yet responded to me in anyway.

I tried everything I could to get a response from it, but to no avail it ignored me.

Kamini says that the baby has to just get used to my voice more and that the baby sleeps a lot that's why.

Frustrated but determined I rubbed her belly.

"Um...hello? I am your father...respond immediately." I stated.

No response.

I sighed.

"You have three seconds to respond...starting...now!" I timed my watched.