Old Friend

Maybe we can have a little Dagliesh and Kamini moment. Okay, stay blessed!

At first I wanted the old friend of Dagliesh to be similar to Leonardo DiCaprio but I changed my mind...I don't know should I change it back? I love the vibe of Leonardo. (In a way.)

I believe we've won the Wattys 2016 Awards....Huzzah! 😄

Lord Dagliesh's POV:

I tried my best to stay on my side of the coach.

I didn't really want to be so close to her especially after how I almost let down a barrier.

I looked out the window and grew tired of the constant agriculture and slave workers that came into view as we passed through the towns.

It's all so sickening!

When I finally decided I had enough, I pulled down the blinds.

I looked up to see Kamini staring at me.

"Yes?" I asked.

She shook her head dismissively.

"Nothing. It's just that I was wondering something." she spoke looking down now.

"What were you wondering?" I asked.

What would she ask now?

She had a way of surprising me lately.

"Well, I was just thinking about how I could've been enslaved. If I didn't know you...no one would have come." her voice cracked.

And before I knew what was happening she was crying.

All these tears.

I wasn't so used to young girls crying in front of me.

They usually go somewhere else to let all their emotions out.

"Pray, why are you crying Kamini?" I asked ignoring the feeling to hold her.

She lifted her head.

"Many people are enslaved in that country! How could they be so cruel?!" She groaned.

"Miss Zacharia, in case you haven't noticed this is the colonies, this is what they do. That's just the way things are, you don't need to waste your tears, even with all of them you would not be able set them free." I said looking at her face.

She didn't look at me.

She looked at the blinds knowing what was going on, on the outside of the coach.

As much as I didn't like seeing her cry, I couldn't command the whole south to stop what they were doing to make her happy.

That would cause an uprising, and she wouldn't have someone to look after her.

"Kamini, I can't stop this-"

"I never asked you to! I am very upset with that blasted country and I wish no one had to endure that." She snapped.