Stolen Pearl

Enjoy this extra update!! I just wanted to post another one...I mean I would want someone to do it for me....lol enjoy.

Kamini's POV:

"Betsy show Kamini where she'll be staying and what's expected of her." Mister Wallace walked somewhere else.

A dark skinned girl approached me and unlocked the heavy locks on my wrists and ankles.

I rubbed them vigorously.

"Thank you." I replied to Betsy.

She only nodded and led the way.

Once we were on the inside she showed me around to my room.

It was a smaller size than I was used to.

It was a poorly built bed and barred window.

"Uh, I'm confused is this not prison?" I asked.

She sighed.

"Prison folks have it better than the most of us. I've been meaning to tell ya, that I'm sorry Mister Wallace chose you. He ain't even a millionaire, all that fancy talk was fake, but don't tell him you heard me say that."

We both chuckled.

She seemed nice, I wonder how did she end up in a cold place as this?

"How did you end up here?" I asked.

She hung her head down in shame.

I heard her sniff then wipe her nose.

Was she actually crying?

"I was born here. I've been here for eighteen years and I heard Master over talking the other day and he plan on selling me. I'll be going to the worst slave owner in North Carolina!" She began to fall to her knees and weep.

I felt very sorrowful for her and then it hit me that I too was now in her predicament.

Not really.

How so?

Lord Dagliesh.

But he really didn't want me there with him...why would he come for me?

He hasn't shown me any sign that he cares or that he wanted me there.

You mean with him?

I blushed at the thought.

I refocused on Betsy's small body and I wrapped my arms around her.

That's what Nina would do for me.

"I may have a key to you being free." I lifted her chin so she could see my eyes.

She sat up instantly with doubt on her face.

"Don't you get it Kamini? We will never escape...besides...some have already tried and they've failed." she hung her head again.