Finder's Keepers

God bless guys, please, I know this is another update but, this world is rather hard to ignore in some ways, there is alot going on and I just ask that if you can send a prayer for all those hurting...thanks for the views and votes and I want you all to know that God loves you personally, no matter what you're dealing with. (And no matter how many times you've heard this.) I hope that this at least touches someone 😄😊😁

Pinktblue dedicated to you boo!

(Lord Dagliesh's POV)

"We've reached the French Isle!" A soldier screamed across the ship.

The whistle blew, showing that we had indeed reached land.

I slowly opened my jacket and pulled out a folded up piece of paper.

Yes. It was still there.

Whatever this file contains it is very valuable, I must keep in mind to lock it up in a safe guarded by soldiers.

My soldiers.

I emerged from behind my desk and walked quickly and calmly towards the door.

Alfonsé along with several others surrounded me and we walked in sync towards the exit door.

I opened the door and soldiers lined up on both sides standing at attention with their feet together and their fists at the hem of their pants as they were trained.

They opened up and made a long gap where I and the guards could stride through.

Then in a domino effect their swords swiftly cut through the air at an angle forming a triangle.

I nodded towards the captain when he saluted me with prestige.

"I have a special request and report from the queen, sir!"

"Pray, do tell."

I was very interested in what she had to say.

The only reason you are interested is because you do not want her to find out about your association with the French and also that she doesn't find out about your charming little secret of illegal items being transported across the world.

Most certainly not, everyone knows that I am innocent and have never wronged my name, and it's past time for my conscience to join the ride as well!

Other people may be fooled but you will know the truth!

Ah, yes. And I plan on keeping it that way.

I directed my attention back at the captain.

"She wants you to be present at her banquet and she wants you to bring someone along, also she wanted to go over with you some laws that should be passed, one of them includes something about women?" He saluted once again.

He then fell back in line and allowed us to pass through.

Hmm...I'll have to think on that of who I should bring.

The queen, she basically saw me as the grandchild she's always longed for and she feels that every time she makes a serious decision she wants me to be present.

Because she saw that my soul was pure of some sort.

Taking that into consideration, I began to tread off the boat and marched up along the island until the hotel came into view.