Dealing with a Broken Heart

👘Kamini's POV🗻:

🙊DOUBLE UPDATEEE!👈

P.S. LOOK AT MY PHOTO IN THE TITLE PART. 👆

Really hope that you like the story so far...I may be starting college very soon this week but I am not saying that I'm not going to update or take a month to update. I know how it feels...I will, Lord willing update as I can...not saying I'm to have a full schedule either. I care about you guys and your feedback of all sorts...thank you for deciding to take a chance on reading about Dagliesh. No one dared to do a story on him so I wanted to do it. Anyway, enjoy! Have a blessed day.

We rode in silence, all the way back to the ship that docked.

I hugged Betsy goodbye.

"I'm going to miss you so much Betsy!" I squeezed her tighter.

She giggled under me.

"Yes, I shall miss you too, Miss Zacharia. You was a mighty fine friend indeed...I hopes we meets again. You truly don't know how's I feel right now...you saved my life...you didn't have to...but you did it out of the kindness of your heart. And that's why I say you a mighty fine friend! The good word says that there's a friend that sticks closer than a brother." She cooed hugging me again.

I nodded not quite understanding what she meant with her southern slang.

"You too!" I replied.

She just smiled and gave me an air kiss before leaving with Alfonsé.

I waved until she disappeared into the ship underneath the surface.

I sighed.

I felt as if I lost a friend.

You'll see her again one day.

I was able to breathe better holding on to that bit of truth.

**********************************************************

"I've checked the deck sir!" A soldier saluted Dagliesh.

Dagliesh returned the salute.

The small soldier tapped his foot on the floor before leaving.

We were now sitting down on chairs looking off into the moonlit sea.

I remembered what James told me earlier and I decided that since we were now alone that it would be best to approach him on the subject at hand.

I looked over at him and he was no longer sitting down but was standing and looking off into the sea deep in thought.

His golden mane of hair was flowing in the wind past his ears.

I gulped.

Here goes nothing.

I inched up beside him step by step until I was standing beside him.