Chapter 3

We walked until we arrived at the hotel. I wanted to see what Brian had in store for me. Brian kept his arm around me as we walked through the grand lobby. It was fancy, I had stayed at this hotel once with my parents. Thinking of them made me feel a pang of sadness to my heart. I hated that. I could be perfectly happy then out of no where, they come to my mind and I'm sad. It sucks cause sometimes I would be remembering a good time I had with them, but then that moment of reminiscing would end in a few tears or of course sadness. Brian and I eventually made our way up to his room. He slid his room key in the door and let me in first, I walked to the other end of the room. No Matt. In a way I was happy but I still wanted to see him…

"This is for you" Brian said as he handed my my journal.

"Oh gosh, thank you! Where was it?" I asked him. This actually was a nice surprise, my journal was basically part of me. I wrote in it as much as I could and it was full of, well, me and with all the stress I've been under lately I've been craving to write in it.

"At Matt's house as you thought" Brian smirked, as he sat down on the bed.

"Oh, well thank you so-" I began to thank him when I noticed a piece of paper sticking out of the middle of the book, "What's this?" I asked, pulling it out. I never put papers in my journal. I looked at the paper folded into three pieces, on the front it said To Morgan, With much love from Matt. My skipped about 5 beats. What did he write me? I looked up at Brian who was sitting on the bed staring off into space. I opened the letter, and began to read it. Matt's thoughtful yet sad words brought tears to my eyes. The letter was basically him, pouring out his feelings to me and saying sorry. He was being so harsh on himself, saying he's a bad boyfriend and that he doesn't deserve me. In reality, he's an amazing boyfriend and we had 1 fight. I continued reading through the letter, absorbing all it had to say. The middle made me laugh, he told me how he had read my journal. I didn't mind as much as I thought I would though. I trusted him with the information and he knew most of it anyways. Out of all the people in the world who could have read that journal I'm glad that it was him. I eventually finished reading after what seemed like forever.

Brian looked up at me as he heard the sound of paper folding. I put the note into my folder and wiped the strangling tears from my eyes.

"So…" Brian said, "What's going to happen between you and Matt"

"I need to talk to him…" I sighed.

"Why don't you call him?" Brian suggested.

"I want to talk to him face to face… It's more… I don't know… real that way" I explained.

Brian nodded.

"I just don't know when I'm going to be able to go to Huntington, with school and all" I admitted. I had no time anymore, college had eaten up my life. Almost every second of my life was spent doing school work.

"Just come back with me when I go back" Brian suggested as he rubbed the back of his neck.

I stood awkwardly in front of him, shifting my weight, thinking about what I could do.

"I can't, not with school at least. When you go back will you tell him that I'm going out for thanksgiving."

"Of course" Brian smiled, "Now why don't we go take a stroll through Boston?"

I nodded my head, as he got up off the bed.

"Shall we?" He offered my his arm.

"We shall" I laughed.

Brian and I spent the day walking through the city of Boston. It was beautiful in the fall. I gave him a tour of my favorite parts of the city. The best part about Boston is that it's so small you can walk from one end of the city to the other in a matter of minutes. I brought him to Fenway Park, The North End, Faneuil Hall, The Boston Commons, basically all the places I would go with my parents when we came to Boston. And to top it all off, we ended the day at my favorite restaurant; The Hard Rock Cafe.