Chapter 12

Matt and I eventually went to sleep. I kept replaying the events of tonight in my mind. If I could I would relive it again and again. It was by far the best thanksgiving I had ever had. The ones I spent with my family were with out a doubt ones to cherish but this one was like a whole new chapter in my life had finally begun after waiting for 3 years. I finally knew I had friends and most of all I knew I had Matt.

I forced mysel out of bed to take my shower, Matt was already down stairs writing songs and what not. I grabbed a granola bar and some water.

"Good you're up!" Matt greeted me as he walked into the kitchen.

"Yes I am!" I smiled as he pulled me into a hug.

“How would you feel about going somewhere with me today?” Matt looked down at me.

“As long as I’m with you, I’m all in” I smiled up at him.

He smiled down at me which revealed his dimples. I loved his dimples. They made me melt inside. He is so adorable.

“I want to take you to meet my parents today” Matt spoke.

“That sound fun” I squeaked.

“Really?” Matt said sounding shocked. I walked away from him and went over began to walk up stairs to get a sweatshirt and shoes.

“Yeah, why not?” I replied. I could hear Matt following closely.

“Well because of your, you know” Matt’s voice trailed off.

“Because of my parents?” I finished the statement for him as I grabbed a sweatshirt out of my suitcase.

“Yes” Matt mumbled, standing at the doorway.

“That doesn’t mean I don’t want to meet your parents” I said with confidence as I stood in front of him.

“I just don’t want to make you do anything you don’t want to do” Matt said as I walked past him and down the stair case.

“You’re making a mountain out of a mole hill Matt” I called behind me.

“Well” He began.

“Well what?” I said getting slightly annoyed, “I’m starting to think you don’t want to go and see them now”

“No that’s not it” Matt sighed, “it’s just, I want them to like you. I don’t know what would give them a reason not to like you. I’m just, nervous I guess, i’ve never exactly introduced them to one of my girlfriends”

Matt looked down at the floor as he finished his sentence. I had never introduced one of my boyfriends to my parents before either. I would be nervous if I was him too.

“What do you mean? Didn’t you have val?” I asked him as I sat on the edge of the couch.

Matt came and sat down next to me.

“I met Val in the 6th grade, and the first time my parents met her was before she became my girlfriend.”

“Oh” I exhaled, “Well, I’m in the same boat as you on this one so I guess we’ll just get through it together.”

Matt nodded his head in agreement.

“Besides you don’t chose who you like, your hear does and no one can tell you otherwise.” I smiled at him.

“When did you become so wise?” Matt joked.

“Oh come on” I said as I reached out my hand for him to take. He gladly grasped it and lead me out the door.