Chapter 5

We wipped up our dinner and put our dishes in the sink. She, then lead me to a room off the side of the stove. I was a bigger wooden door that Maggie easily pushed open. Laying inside was a small bed, a dresser, and a short night stand in the corner.

I smiled at the sight of the small bear that laid atop the bed. It reminded me of the one I  had left behind at my foster home. "I did promise he a new one, and here it awaits her return. Now follow me, because you probably do not want to wear an old lady dress like mine."

We walked to the far wall of the small cottage in her houseand above us was a hanging string that Maggie pulled. A long wooden ladder fell in front of her as I jumped in suprise. "Follow me, I think I have my old chest from Florisma up there." We climbed the ladder to the area above.

The attic was a small area and two of the walls were slanted forming the roof. All around me was a hodgepoge of paintings, boxes, statues and trophies. Maggie made her way towards the front of the attic, close to where a small window hung.

She bent down on her knees in front of a medium, brown, wooden chest. She took a key from a necklace around her neck. "This is it, this is the box I had taken from my home. It has the last of my history and more. Things the queen had given me, in order carry on the legacy of the most powerful kingdom."

She opened the top and a wave of a mothball smell rushed into my nose. We both coughed and tried to move the musty smell from us. She lifted the delicate tissue paper that laid atop of it. Underneath lied a picture of two of the most handsome people I had ever seen. "Thats the king  and queen. They were such a handsome couple. Powerful too, though with all the power that they could have used, they decide to share with its people."

She looked at the picture with a glum expression upon her face. She put it to the side and what lay underneath is nothing that I could have ever had imagined. With the leather cover so delicate, I darenot lift it up. "The Book of Royals. Inside, was rumored, to read the past, present, and future of our worlds fate."

I looked at her with confusion. "Wait, why was it rumored and not reassured. If the king and queen were so truthful as I was told, how come they never shared this with their people?" She turned to me, "If the people had known of the things that  happen, then it would change the fate of  the world could change."

I turned to her and gave her a face out of udder disgust. "So, the king and queen knew of this invasion and did not tell anyone. They could of worned the people and they could have prepared, The little girl could of been spared and she would not be in the lonesome world, all alone." That last word hit me like a stone. I was alone, alone as that little girl.

"That little girl saved the world from far worse damage. WIth that power, Lord Daxon could of over power the whole world. Thats why the king and queen had the baby, knowing the fate of the child." I looked at her now histerically crying, "They could of gather it into another person of even an animal, now that baby has to live life not knowing who she is or where she is from."

Maggie pulled me into a hug. I had never cried this much, not since my sinister foster parents told me I was not there blood relative. Here is the moment my life changed forever. Maggie lifted my head ffrom her shoulder and stared at me in the eyes, "You can not change the true fate of one, but you can lead it and carry it in a better direction."

She pulled out the last of the things in the chest; a short black dress, a necklace, a royal blue cloak and a folded letter. She handed me the cloak and short dress as we stood. "Head down stairs and change, I will meet you there in a momment." I nodded and decended down the ladder.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

Hey guys I just got a laptop for Christmas!! So pumped. So that hopefully means more writing?! Well Chapter 6 will be a whole chapter on the last day that Maggie was at Florisma and It will explain a WHOLE bunch of things.Sorry for it being so short, they'll get longer, so stay with me! PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE, FAN, AND READ!! Love you guys!!

-Emma <3