Chapter 3

I woke up with my head pounding and to the high pitch whistle off a tea kettle. I lay there in a small room with a mall dresser to my left and a full length mirror to my right. The door in front of me lay slightly ajar. Just enough to see a short and wide woman standing at a stove.

I had no idea where i was or why i was here. I tried to sit up, but when i did it felt like i was being stabbed. I cried out in pain. The woman quickly ran to the room i was lying in.

"Woah! Be careful young one. You're going to hurt yourself." She helped sitting me up. "Who are you and why am i here?" She looked at me worried but quickly chamnged her expression as soon as she saw my concern face.

"Oh, where are my manners. My name is Margret Widdows. I found you at my door step two nights ago. You were all beaten up and your stomache looked like shreeded turkey. Your face has a large scratch down the side and is probably going to leave a large scar."

I thought to my self. Two nights. I looked down at my dress. It was ripped to shreeds and my stomache was wrapped in cloth.

"My dear how did you get all the way out here." I looked at her confused for a second. "Hero! Shine! Where are they?" I tried to get up but she held me back.

"Your dog is over warming by the fire and your horse is in the back." I took a deep breath. Calm down Journey, i told myself.

"What happened to you?" She jestured towards my body.

"Its a long story." I said looking out the small window in the room.

"Well i have a while." She stared at me like a child listening to the story teller back in Kinsville.

"Well...." i told her of how my birth parents had died when i was 2 and how i had no memory of them. I told her of how i was introduced to music by a boy who was there. I sat on the stairs of the orphanage and sang and played the violin.

I told her of how i was adopted by my step parents when i was 10. They had a daughter my age and she hated me. She trashed my instruments. She hit me and called me names. She always was popular.

Then i told her of the princes and I's secret meetings. I smiled at the though of them. I told her of his promise to let me have the first dance and then he'd tell the whole kingdom of our love. I got to the point that when i got there that he walked over to my step sister and they danced.

I started to cry. She held my hand and looked at me. "He lied to my face. He told me he loved me and then he goes and dances with my sister. So i ran. I ran away. This not how i wanted my life. I was riding along and a wolf came attacked me. I killed it and tried to fimd somewhere to rest so i came here."

"Come, child. Lets eat."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

So how was it? I'm tryimg to get to the exciting parts but you have to know her past first. So here it is. Please Comment, Fan, Vote!  

Ps. I have a picture of Journey!

Emma