Chapter 2

I kept riding not knowing where i was going. Shime jumped over a fallen log and i quickly ducked under a tree branch. This isn't what i planned to do at the age of 18. Well i did want to travel, but not this way. I made a mistake. Why did i have to fall in love. I could never be with Prince Miles.

I rode on through the afternoon. It was about late afternoon. We were riding along when Shime started panicing and kicking. I tried to steady her. I looked around and didn't see a thing. The sun was setting and it was getting late.

We needed to get a move on. She kept bucking and then i heard russling leaves. All of a sudden a wolf jumped out. Its rib cage was showing. It had a hungry look on its face. Shine got on her hind legs and let put a loud neigh. The bag with my small dog and i fell. I fell and hit my head on a root that was sticking up. It sent a sharp pain in my head. I let out a yelp. It killed.

The wollf circled the tree i managed to prop myself aganst. By now Shine was long gone. The wolf shone its yellow tinted teeth and drooled as it looked at me with its beady blood shot eyes. I was sliding in and out of conciousness.

It stopped in front of me and growled. My curly blonde hair fell in my face as i winced in pain. My cloak layed to cover me bottom half. I needed a weapon of some sort. I franticly looked around me. It was getting darker. It was getting ready to pounce.

It jumped at me and a feeling of shock shot through my dress. It dug its claws into the right side of my face.the hind legs dug into my lower rib cage. I felt like a peice of raw meat. I got the strength and pried him off my face and his claws dragged through the side of my face.

Blood triclkled into my mouth. The wolf regained balenced and ran at me again. I rolled myself to the side. Bad idea. A shock of pain fell throughout my whole body. I cried out. The wolf hit the tree. It got up and shock it off. It turned and growled at me. It stepped forward and i franticly looked for something within reach.

Got it. Once more it turned to me. My heart and head pounded. It had the hungry look in its eyes. It got a running start and once more it pounced. It happened in slow motion. I held up the sharp branch i had found and screamed as it went into the stomacheof the beast.

I threw it aside. I got up un balanced. I grabbed the bag with my wimpering dog in it. With every step i cried. I had to keep going.

I saw a light up ahead. As i approched i saw it was a cottage. It was small and it was dark and i was half unconcious so i couldnt tell what exactally i saw. I walked up the steps and knocked once. I heard foot steps. A stout womans sillouette shown. "Wolf...blood..." i blacked out.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Wow i wrote alot. Please enjoy. I know its kind of gory, but it was interesting. Please comment, fan, vote, and if anyone wants to create a cover i'd love it. Also want me to read your book? Love ya

Emma <3