Chapter Twenty Seven: He is you

Start from the beginning

"You don't know anything about me or what I am doing or will do Luke Smith!" he spits in my face this time.

"You might want a breath mint," I let slip before I can stop myself. I hang out with Clyde way too much and Sanjay. I have gained a slight confidence and cockiness that may make things worse in this situation. Maybe I need to hold back on that when I am currently being held captive by a what I am certain is a psycho alien.

The second slap I took even better then the first. I had expected it. I can see the pure anger in his eyes. He really doesn't like children and teenagers and I am probably adding to that hate right about now. I can't help but wonder if this is what will happen every time I come across an alien? Then again Lucifer had been a totally different situation. Lucifer wanted to use me, to fulfill a prophecy but this guy? Well he probably wants to find out how I managed to stay in hiding for two years and then come out of nowhere before he kills me.

"Oh man this is bad," says Lenny.

"What intrigues me even more is you look exactly like another kid I came across and he had the same first name as you. Luke," he suddenly blurts out starting to pace once more.

"What?" I say trying to look confused to convince him I have no idea what he is on about.

He snaps his attention back to me, "Same name, same features and same clothes...how old are you and don't you dare lie to me!" he sneers.

"Seventeen."

"Oh no this is too strange and too bizzare not to mean something. This means something," he says like he is now lost in thought.

"What are you suggesting?"

"I am suggesting Luke Smith that he could be a clone or you are," he says looking at me strangely.

"A clone? Is that the best you can think of? Sounds impossible," I say slowly.

"He could be right Luke. I mean the bane could of easily based you off some other form of human. They might of needed an example," says Lenny.

"But...mum named me Luke. How would he also share the same name? None of this makes sense," I say to Lenny as confused as ever.

My mind starts to race around every idea or thing that could be possible but I'm snapped from my thoughts.

"Why don't we go get Luke and ask him shall we?"

"What? The other Luke is alive?"

"Well of course. I didn't kill all the children and teenagers alive. Even if I did most," he says slowly.

"Why keep some alive if you killed most?" I ask confused.

"For the same reason I am keeping you alive and why I kept the other Luke alive," he sneers.

"Which is?"

"For reassurance. If I lose control if something happens. I have hostages, leverage and I would of so liked to watch you die Luke Smith but it seems fate has other ideas. Because out of every teenager and child I have come across you are the most irritating of them all. So you would be the first one I would of killed."

"You hardly know me," I say looking at him annoyed.

"You have fight. You show hardly no fear and you hardly flinched when I hit you. You have hope I can see it and I crush hope with my bare hands. Ah no you are the most irritating and I can judge you however I see fit Luke Smith," he sneers.

"You have no right!" I shout back at him.

"Luke calm down," says Lenny.

I try to breathe. Lenny is right. I am letting my feelings get the better of me again. I need to use my head. I need to think logically.