February 1st, 1993 Part 2

For a moment, I couldn't breathe. He had asked me to marry me. In an instant the tone of the room had turned from happy and smiling to so quiet you could hear a pin drop and all ears.

"I-" I started, then stopped. Tears were forming in my eyes as I replayed his speech in my head.

"Yes." Suddenly, River was beaming.

"Really?" I nodded.

"Of course. I love you." He jumped up and engulfed me into his arms. I was crying now, holding onto him like a lifeline. Everyone in the room was smiling just as big as we were. My dad was crying, but I didn't realize that until later. Some of his sisters were wiping their eyes too, but I didn't notice. Nothing mattered except the two of us, my fiancé and I.

My fiancé. It felt good to think. It felt amazing to say. His lips felt amazing on mine, better than ever right then. I never wanted to let go, never wanted his warm lips to leave mine. They felt cold as soon as he pulled away.

Once he finally did, he took my hand, kissed it and then slipped a gorgeous ring on my finger. It had a gold band and one big, shining purple diamond in the middle. Purple, my favorite color. I beamed.

"River, it's beautiful. I love it... I love you," I said, softly as I admired it.

"So," he said, sitting back down to finish his food. The smile on my face wouldn't go away.

"When do you want the wedding to be?" I thought to myself. I didn't want it to be too soon, but I didn't want to wait a whole year.

"What about some time in November? That gives us what, 10 months to plan everything?" I suggested. He nodded.

"That's a great idea," he said, although I'm sure he would have said the same thing if I had said "Let's get married tomorrow."

"We can start planning immediately," he said. I nodded, cutting up a piece of chicken.

"And Lucy?" I looked over, putting my knife down.

"I think we should talk about moving in together."

A/N: Wicked short but still cute as hell, right? Anyways, sorry for not updating when I said I was going to, I've been super busy! I'll try to get another one out there soon. Thanks for sticking by me, loves!