June 13th, 1992: Part 2

"That's fine... Just please don't use them anywhere," The boy said, referring to the pictures I took. I nodded, shoving them into my bag quickly.

"My name is River," The handsome boy said, giving me his hand to shake. And that's when it clicked.

"R-River... River Phoenix?" I asked nervously, taking his hand. How embarrassing would it have been if I was wrong? If he wasn't the same guy, the crush of my teenage years, the love of my life since a young age... The one I gave up on when I turned 18, two years before, thinking that I didn't need that in my life, and why should I obsess over someone that I thought I knew I would never lay eyes on in person?

When I started college, I decided I was done, that me liking him, his movies even, was just a dumb teenage thing, and this was my chance at growing up... My friends used to invite me to see his movies after classes, I would always say no, I always said I didn't like him...

"Yeah," He said, a slight blush appearing on his face. My heart beat faster and faster, pounding against me, threatening to fly out.

Do I say anything about his movies? Or is that weird? I remember asking myself. But suddenly, all of the memories of Stand By Me came flooding back to me, and I had never been more in love with someone. Standing right in front of me was Chris Chambers, the handsome, sad, broken boy that I had loved since I was 14 years old. The one that I had always dreamed of fixing.

"I... I loved you in Stand By Me. It was my favorite movie for a while. It came out on my 14th birthday and I saw it five times in the theaters," I admitted to him. He smiled.

"Thanks. I always like hearing things like that," He said to me, the blush appearing on his cheeks, much more visible now. I smiled at him, as if to tell him that it was okay, and he shouldn't be embarrassed, I was just a little old fangirl. And he could tell, because after a moment, he did ease up.

It was weird, River was never the type of person to brag or even talk about his movies at all, I was the first one to bring them up.

"I also loved you in The Explorers. You were so little in that one," I said, because awkward me felt like the only way to make conversation with a celebrity was to compliment them over and over, even if it clearly makes them uncomfortable.

"Thanks," He said, smiling again. I looked around, and realized I haven't made it much further than where my dad had left me earlier.

"Okay, well, I better get going. My dad wanted to meet me at the top of the mountain. We're camping out here tonight. It was nice to meet you, River," I said, turning around. Yeah, really nice. More like the greatest moment of my life. I took one more look into his beautiful eyes, spent a second drowning in them, then walked off.

"Wait!" He called, just as I thought I would never see him again. I spun around immediately.

"I never caught your name!" He yelled. I smile.

"It's Lucy!" I called back to him. At that, he smiled brighter and bigger than I had ever seen.

"Lucy," I heard him say to himself. With a large smile glued to my face, I walked away. I had just met River Phoenix.

A/N: Chapter 2! Thoughts?