February 1st, 1993

Anyone still reading this? I haven't updated since April...

We had known each other for only eight months, though it seemed like a lifetime by the time today came.

It was a just a random Monday, like any other day, and River had invited my father and I over for dinner with his family. All of his siblings were there. Both of his parents were.

"What's the occasion?" He just smiled and he wouldn't say why he asked us over.

He asked my father and I to sit down, and I placed myself next to Rain.

"Hi," I said, smiling at her. She was always excited to see me. We talked for a few minutes, and when I asked her if she knew what was going on, she said she didn't. When dinner was served, River asked if she would switch seats so he could sit next to me, with my father at my other side. She was disappointed, but she switched, as requested.

My father and River's parents made small talk while I smiled over at my boyfriend.

"Something seems different tonight," I told him. He smirked up at me.

"You know, I don't take everyone to work with me," he said. I smiled at him.

"Oh yeah?" He nodded.

"And I've been thinking... you know how we talked about having kids one day?" He asked, his voice wobbling with nervousness more with every word. I gasped.

"Y-yes?" I said. I looked into his eyes, he was smiling.

"Why does it have to be some day?" He asked. "Why can't it be now?" My stomach dropped. I put my fork down.  I didn't know how to feel. I didn't know what to say. I was ecstatic. I was terrified. I was... surprised.

"We're not even-" I started, but by the time I was about to finish my statement, River was on one knee on the floor.

"Lucy," he said, loudly. He then cleared his throat, and everyone looked over. Tears were welling up in my eyes.

"I..." I didn't have the words to explain what I was feeling or thinking.

"Lucy... I'm in love with you. And I'm so lucky to have you, the most beautiful woman in the whole world. No word in this language could even begin to describe how I feel about you. How deeply I feel. But I know that I love you, and that you love me. So I have one question... Will you marry me?" I knew it was coming, but for a second, my heart stopped.

A/N: I'm at a softball game and they keep yelling "Go Lucy!" (They're also screaming "EVERYBODY DO THE OSTRICH" and I'm trying really hard to figure out what that means...) And it made me think of my sweet Lucy so I decided to update after four months. Also, did anyone catch my little Billy Joel reference?☺️
Anyways, part two will be out tomorrow!