June 14th, 1992

"Good morning, Princess," My dad said, standing up above me as I rubbed my eyes.

"Oh... Morning, Dad. What time is it?" I asked him. He looked at his watch.

"Almost 8:30, but you have a visitor," He said. I blinked, over and over again, and looked around. I'm in a tent, on top of a mountain. Who's going to visit me here?

"W-who?" I asked him, curious and confused.

"Blonde haired boy that I don't recognize. Says his name is River," He told me. That's when I jolted up.

"River? River Phoenix?" I exclaimed. My father just shrugged. Probably doesn't even know who River Phoenix is, the poor movie deprived old man.

"I'm not sure. Why don't you get dressed and you can see for yourself?" He suggested. I nodded in response.

"Yeah. Yeah. I'll be right out," I said, grabbing the T-Shirt and faded blue jeans that I had brought with me. As soon as my dad left the tent and zipped it back up, I put my outfit on and brushed my hair. Over and over. Like, to the point where my dad asked me if I'm alright. Hey, I'm a girl! We take a while to get dressed. And maybe I didn't have a mirror to look and do my make up, but I still needed to make sure that at least my hair looked perfect, right? Right. My jet black, straight hair that got frizzier and frizzier by the second...

Walking out of the tent, I tried to smooth it down. And there he stood, the blonde haired boy, wearing cute round framed glasses and a goofy grin on his face, which appeared as soon as he saw me. I probably blushed big time.

"Lucy," He said with a smile. My heart skipped a beat, he had remembered my name.

"Hi River... What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"After we met yesterday, I couldn't stop thinking about you," He admitted. I blushed, and my dad made a little "Awe" noise. I shot him a death glare.

"I'm gonna go make breakfast. You kids can talk, I'll just be over there," He said. River smiled, but I mentally groaned at my fathers use of "you kids" to two 20 and 21 year old adults.

"So you couldn't stop thinking about me?" I asked, laughing to myself. Who could be interesting about me? Me? Twenty year old Lucy Marina Valdez, who spent all of her time studying so she could become an English teacher? No one likes English teachers. Me, who always had her nose in a book, textbook or reading. Me, the girl who took monthly camping trips with her father because she was too busy being boring to spend time with her own flesh and blood! Me, who as hard as she would try to, wouldn't have enough time for a boyfriend because she's so incredibly busy doing other things.

"Nope. I couldn't get your beautiful face out of my mind. I kept thinking that I wanted to get to know you, because you seemed so interesting. Then I remembered that you would be here today... So I came to find you," He told me. My eyes widened, and a blush crept of on my face. Me? Really?

"Wow," Is all I could say. A tiny laugh escaped his lips.

"I'm sorry... Is that too forward? Was it creepy?" He asked. I shook my head...

"Not at all, I was just... surprised," I responded to his question.

"Oh," He said. I nodded awkwardly.

"Yeah," I responded.

"So... Like I said, I would really like to get to know you, Lucy. Would it be rushing things to ask you out?" My eyes widened in shock, but I shook my head no. Not at all.

"Alright then, Lucy. Would you like to go on a date with me?" He asked me. I swallowed hard, knowing that as much as I liked this guy, I wouldn't be able to put a boyfriend in the mix.

"Sure, I would love to," I told him, against my better judgment.

A/N: Tbh, I ship them already. How about you? OTP or NOTP?