August 18th, 1992: Part Two

"I love you." I did it, I said it for the first time.

"You do?" He asked me immediately. I smiled confidently.

"Yeah. I do, River." That's when he looked over at me. I looked into his eyes, and as if we were in sync, we both leaned in. Slowly, softly, he moved his lips against mine. Then a bit faster, more passionately as he put his hand on my cheek. It was the first time we had kissed, after almost two months of dating.

That was what I liked about our relationship. It was more than a friendship, it went deeper than that, and we were on boyfriend/girlfriend terms, but we had time to get to know each other before getting to the physical aspects of a relationship. Nobody was rushing us, including ourselves.

Sure, we had held hands before, he sometimes put his arm around me, but that was it. For the first time in the almost two months that he had known me, River Phoenix kissed me. It was glorious.

"Are you sure?" He asked me, putting his hand down on his leg. I nodded.

"Absolutely positive," I had said. And there it was again, that oh so handsome, bright smile that blinded me.

"That's great," He said.

"You know, Lucy? It's crazy," He said after a moment. I looked at him.

"What is?" I asked.

"The fact that we haven't known each other for very long at all, and I'm already sure of my feelings for you already," He admitted. I blushed happily. He loved me.

"I know," Is all I could say, I was so surprised.

"Two months, Luce. That's it and I already know exactly how I feel about you. It's nuts!" He exclaimed. I nodded.

"I don't think I've ever felt as close to anyone as I do to you, River. Honestly," I responded. He smiled at me again, lightly hugging my waist.

"I'm glad." And so was I.

A/N: I LOVE THIS CHAPTER I LOVE THIS CHAPTER I LOVE IT