The Words That I Said To You || 8

LOCATION: Just Around Town
YOUR POV
[].  [].  [].  [].

   Me and Max went all around town, doing things to help him be criminal. Like, for instance, Step Two: Negotiation! I brought him to a bunch of different people I know, to create alliances and trades between us and them. And because he was king, he was also a master at politics and bending people to what he wanted.

   Then came along Step Three: Stealth! I brought him to his own palace for this one! We snuck around and messed with the royals' heads, playing greatly amusing tricks and pranks on them. We had an absolute blast! Though Max almost got us caught a couple times, I had to explain to him things you wanted to be known for, and didn't want to be famous for.

   Next came Step Four: Stay on the move. Remember a little while ago when I told you that I had to stay on the move, in fear of some unwanted guests finding where I stayed? Yeah. Can't stay at one place for too long, or else people could catch up. And now, with their beloved King 'missing', and the 'Blue Jay' out and about, not to forget that assassination group, the entire kingdom was on edge.

   We then moved onto Step Five: Staying fit. As a thief, you have to have speed, endurance, skills! So staying healthy and working out can help out a lot. Though working out isn't to hard, especially when you have your daily runaways from the palace guards. Max didn't have it like I did, but he definitely and unfortunately will soon. I just want the best for him! What do you do when your best friend is being hunted down by a league of assassins to murder him in cold blood?

   Next up on the list was Step Six: Having fun! I love my job, even if it includes stealing prized treasures just to consume. I mean, what's so bad about that? Nothing makes me more amused than seeing a pissed off guard chase after me. While other people cheer for you, a lot more will do the opposite. But that's why you have to be the kingdom's sort of Robin Hood.

   And now we have Step Seven: Be prepared! Remember when I had those certain potions while I was cornered in the alleyway not to long ago? That's because I was prepared. I anticipated the guards' movements and brought the tools/items necessary! Simple as that. Though it doesn't hurt to bring a couple extra things, like daggers or other fighting tools. But we need to remember to pack up light so we can run when we need to.

   Step Eight: Think before you act! If you make an intolerable and unforgiving decision by just acting, it can take you places you don't want to be! You know, like the castle dungeons. Or the hanging stool. Or the Nether. There was once someone who was banished to the Farlands because of some stupid decision he made! You don't wanna end up like that dude.

   Here we have Step Nine: Follow your own rules! If you wanna brake some laws, having your own set mind on things is pretty good. You need the facts, opinions are ever so rarely needed. Making your own rules is pretty mandatory, considering there is chaos without them. And the fact that you're already breaking laws too, so yeah.

   Last but not least, Step Ten: Make your mark! You want to let people know you exist, and by doing something big, it's pretty easy! For example; Mine was stealing Prince Deadlox's prized possession, his headphones. He was quite the fighter, but after a good amount of time and effort into my training, I managed to escape quickly. Harder than it sounded, but I was a lot younger than, so . . .

   It was a few days time before we finished going over the steps. I'd say about a week, maybe. But man, does he learn fast! So now, we just have to make a couple trips to further his training, and he'll be good!—after a while. . .

[].  [].  [].  [].

A/N: I'm sorry this chapter is shorter than usual guys. I'm also sorry that I haven't updated to frequently too. I just finished summer camp and my family is going on a five day trip vacation now. Plus, school is starting in at least, one week, so yeah.

   —Sunset