I'm Holding On To Things You Said || 6

[Picture drawn by me!]
LOCATION: Xenos' Full Bar
YOUR POV
[]. []. []. [].

   "Welcome to Town Square, my good friend." I tell Max, throwing my hands up for effect. He throws me an annoyed look.

   "I've been here before, you know." He states, tugging his dusty, turquoise, cloth hood over his head to hide his face a bit more.

   "Yes, but not enough to know it like the back of your hand!" I argue, waving a finger. I grabbed his hand and pulled him over to a nearby bar.

   "Why are we here?" Max asks, puzzled.

   "Because," I tell him in a 'duh' tone, "These are the best places for finding sketchy characters, negotiating, doing business, and private conversations!" Max raises an eyebrow at 'sketchy characters'.

   "Why would you—" I cut him off.

   "Nevermind that!" I say.

   "TWO SPECIALS, XENOS!" I order the bartender, tossing him a couple gold nuggets. He nods, and begins to prepare the drinks.

   "Today Max," I say, the smile on my face expanding with each word, "You're gonna go from good to great." He raises an eyebrow.

   "What do you mean?" He asks cluelessly. I snicker at him.

   "Welcome to: How To Be A Criminal, with your lovely host, me." I say, my grin only expanding as I saw my friend's reaction.

   "We are doing, what?!" Max hisses. I adjusted the baby blue and white laced scarf that covered my head, and cast a shadow over my eyes.

   "Listen Mithzan," I used his last name to sound slightly more intimidating as I hissed my response, "You are of royalty, and without my help, that will not go unnoticed. And when people get ideas, you will die."

   His expression went to an apologetic one, but I shook it off, going back to my usual, cheery(ish) self. Xenos (can't forget about good old Xenos) brought both of our drinks in on a tray, placing them carefully on the table so they wouldn't spill.

   "Enjoy darling." He says in his deep, smooth voice, causing my cheeks to flush a light scarlet. Typical Xenos.

   "Does he know your reputation?" Max asks. I nod as I thirstily drank down the beer-like substance.

   "Plenty of people do." I inform him as I wiped my mouth.

   "Or to be more specific, it's mainly criminals, other thieves." I tell him.

   "I was cursed, my friend. I'm surprised my old family accepted me. When everything fell apart, I was forced to train myself to survive—expecting it to be easy, but that thought was covered in disappointment." I told him, motioning him to try a sip of the drink.

   "And then . . ." Max says, urging me to continue, filled with his unwanted curiosity.

   "So Y/N was replaced by the Metal-Eater [1], and I grew into what I am now," I explain, the look in my eyes were serious, not playful, "And you, to the kingdom, will no longer be known as Max Mithzan." He, yet again, raised an eyebrow at my comment, but not in question, in pure confusion.

   "If I am not King of this place," Max whispers in a low, monotone voice, "Then who am I?" I thought about this for a while, just thinking up genius, criminal names.

   "How about . . ." This one was great, a deep threatening meaning to it even.

   "The Blue Jay." [2]

[].  [].  [].  [].

[1] - The Metal-Eater is a pretty generic name, and has its obvious meaning: Y/N (you), eats metal. Iron, gold ingots and nuggets, diamonds, you have the idea.

   She does this, why? And how? Simple. Cursed by your not-as-average-as-one-might-think Minecraft witch. And at birth, mind you. Her family had a debt, and that was how it was paid. By having a supposed 'freak' for a child.

   Very few knew, but she made her reputation known, once everything slid downhill. Would her parents be proud? Probably not, but that was her way of dealing with her terrible situation, not theirs.

[].  [].  [].  [].

[2] - The Blue Jay is a hero character in the eyes of the poor in a book I used to read, but here it actually has meaning and maybe even enjoyable character traits in and out of the new persona.

   You know how people find red and blue are great color pairings? Blue makes calm, thought-out decisions, and red makes quick, straightforward decisions. See where I'm going yet? Most people also think the colors like a mood ring or something: Red(Vacktor)=Mad, Blue(Vacktor)=Sad.

   Max, er, the Blue Jay will be known for his haunting blue eyes, able to call upon others if needed. Whenever a blue jay flies by, the people will whisper 'Look! Beware of the Blue Jay, for he watches us in his disguise.' You know?

[].  [].  [].  [].

A/N: I'm going to stop the chapter right there. So what I want you all to do, is leave your thoughts down in the beloved comments (obviously)!

   Tell me:

-What did you think of the deeply thought out names?

-What did you think of Max being turned into a criminal?

   And most importantly:

-What did you think of the hot bartender who attempted to flirt with you (much to the Blue Jay's disapproval)?

   Let me know, say it loud and proud! Over and out!
      —Sunset