Chapter 26: You're mine

Ryder pulls into a movie theater parking lot. Stopping the motorcycle, Ryder climbs off before lifting me off. I stumble forward and slam into his hard chest. Ryder's hands held my waist, steadying me.

Blushing, I peek up at him through my eyelashes to see him smirking, "Steady there, princess," he murmurs. I shiver when he lowers his head to my ear, "I love you," he whispers into my ear.

A shy smile spreads across my face and I turn my head towards him, our noses bumping as I do, "I love you too," I whisper back. He grins boyishly, before pulling me into his chest. I gasp when his arms enfolded around me.

"You're mine," he seemed to mutter to his self before he pulls back from the hug. Ryder takes my hand and starts leading me into the theater. He stops at the counter where a boy our age stood in front of.

The boy looked up, eying me for a moment before looking at Ryder. "Can I help you?" He says rudely. Ryder straightens and stares menacingly down at him  making the boy gulp in fear and look at me. "What movies are playing?" Ryder growls.

The boy seemed to forget his fear as he smiles flirtatiously at me. "The list is right there," he says, pointing to a sigh a few feet away. Ryder lets go of my hand and goes over to look, leaving me with the boy.

I swallow nervously and look down. "What's you name, gorgeous?" The boy asks, his words making me cringe. "K-keeva," I stuttered, glancing over at Ryder who didn't notice what was going on.

"I'm Luke," he says even though I didn't ask, "Say how bout I take you out to dinner sometime?" Luke stepped closer to me, backing me up against the counter. I flinch as he raises his hand to my face. "G-get off," I order weakly.

He ignores me and raises his other hand to press against my abdomen which makes me snap and push against him. "Back off!" I whimper loudly when his hand inched lower. His weight was suddenly off me and I look up to see a seething Ryder pressing him against the wall with a arm to his throat, "Never touch her again!" He snarls, "And never force yourself onto a woman, you spineless bastard!"

Luke stared wide-eyed up at Ryder while I collapse to the floor, shaking with memories of the rape again. "Ryder!" I cry out, staring blankly at the floor. Ryder's head snaps to me and he immediately drops Luke when he sees the state I was in.

"Keeva!" He yells, lifting me into his arms. Ryder grips my chin, jerking my head up to look at him, "Breathe, baby, he isn't here," he soothes, rubbing up and down my arm with his other hand, "He can't hurt you, you're okay."

Tears stream down my cheeks but my breathing evens out as his words processed in my head.

He isn't here.

He can't hurt me.

I'm okay.

"Look at me, Keeva, open your eyes and look at me," he orders calmly when I squeezed my eyes shut. My eyes open at their own accord, staring straight into his golden eyes. "Now breathe," he repeats.

I obeyed, letting out the breath I didn't know I was holding. My vision cleared again and the memories faded. I grasp tightly to Ryder's wrists, "I'm okay, I'm okay," I gasp. Ryder relaxes and breathed out a sigh of relief before pulling me into his arms.

Luke was still collapsed against the wall, staring at me in shock, "Dude, what was that?" He asks stupidly. Ryder sent a glare his way, shutting him up. "Two tickets for that movie," he growls, pointing to a movie on the list as he stands up with me still in his arms.

Luke swallows, "It's on the house, just go right in," he says quietly. Ryder glares at him again before storming away. When he enters the theater, he sets me down on my feet and walks me to a empty row of seats.

He sits down and I immediately huddled back into his arms, silently. "Are you okay?" He mumbles after a minute or two. I nodded and buried my head in his shoulder. "I just wanted to do something for you and it's turning into a mess," he sighs. I take a hold of his hand, "It's okay, Ryder," I whisper.

My back was against his chest with me sitting in his lap with both of us sitting sideways across two seats. Ryder stayed silent and didn't say no more thorough the rest of the movie and neither do I.

When the movie ends, Ryder takes a hold of my hand and exits the theater with me in tow. He drags me out to the motorcycle and wordlessly, helps me on before speeding off towards the highway.

My arms tighten around his waist and I bury my face in the back of his jacket, "I love you," I mumble. Ryder's head tilts but he doesn't say anything until we got home. I climb off the bike and wait as Ryder stays standing a few feet away from with his head turned away from me.

Finally, after minutes of endless, torturous silence, Ryder turns his head around to stare ms in the eyes a he says only four words, "I love you too," he murmurs simply, kissing my cheek before walking off and leaving me, stunned.

******

Yawning, I rolled over only to gasp when my eyes meet golden ones. "Ryder!" I scold, sitting up to stare at the boy sitting a few feet away from my bed. He held his head in his hands, "I need to tell you something, Princess," he whispers.

Carefully and slowly, I throw the covers off me and padded over to Ryder. I sat down beside him and lean against his shoulder, "Take your time," I soothe. He looks up quickly before looking back down, "Marcus is my half brother," he says.

I stay silent, patiently waiting for Ryder to continue. Ryder pulls at his hair a little before I grab his hands, "Don't hurt yourself, Ryder, tell me when you're ready," I murmur. He inhales abruptly and twists his body around to face me, "We share the same dad," he begins, "My dad was cheating on my mom around the time she got pregnant with me and he got another woman pregnant with Marcus. He left my mom than came back a few years later, begging for forgiveness. My mom, you know, she was a single mother supporting a toddler and was in need of money so she took my dad back and a few months later, she's pregnant with Annabelle."

Ryder suddenly leans forward and pulls me into his arms before laying his head on my shoulder and nuzzling my neck. I bring a hand up and run it through his hair until he continues, "My dad was always angry, he didn't want another child-a daughter at least. When she was born, my dad would starts coming home late and be really drunk." I cringe at the thought of a drunk father near Ryder.

Ryder feels my body tense up and pause for a moment, "What's wrong?" He asks, worriedly. I close my eyes, "He didn't.. hurt you, did he?" I ask softly. Ryder cups my face in his hands, golden eyes softening, "Oh, baby, of course not," he whispers, smiling. I sigh in relief, "Thank goodness, continue," I mumble.

Ryder pecks my lips before continuing, "He was a angry drunk so, just in case, my mom would leave me with Annabelle and lock us in our shared bedroom until he passed out. This continued for two years until my mom threatened to leave him. He immediately cleaned up his act and went back to work as the cruel billionaire he was," Ryder says softly, "Mom was sorta happy but me and Annabelle weren't. She didn't realize what was going on until someone tried to shoot me when I was thirteen."

I gently rub his shoulder, "Finally, Mom left our dad and cut off all contact but as his oldest son, I'm the heir too the company and people are still trying to take my life," Ryder finishes. His golden eyes raise to meet mine as I smile softly at him, "Ryder?"

His head tilts to the side, "Yes?" I smiled innocently at him, "Can I kick your father's ass?" I ask sweetly. Ryder bursts out laughing, grinning down at me, "Be my guest, Princess," he chuckles.