Chapter 15; That Time

The next morning I wake up to Ryder planting gentle kisses on my neck. I let out a soft painful moan at my pounding headache and gently push Ryder away. "My head…" I complained softly.

Ryder pulls back immediately, "Wait here, princess, I'll grab some pain reliever," he murmurs, disappearing for a moment. I laid there with my head buried in my pillow, trying to block out the light.

Within minutes, Ryder was back and handed me two pills and a bottle of water. I gladly took them. "Thank you," I croaked. He smiles gently, "Anytime, baby," he whispers, lifting me up. I groaned again, "I think it's that time," I mumble.

Instead of making some excuse go leave, Ryder chuckles and carries me into the bathroom. "Do you have pads? Tampons?" He asks, rummaging through the cabinets. Forgetting about my pain for a second, I stare up at him in surprise. His golden eyes flicker down at me seated on the toilet, "I have a little sister. She's thirteen," he explains.

I nodded and pointed to the left cabinet. Ryder grabs what I needed before leaving me alone. Five minutes later, I'm out of the bathroom and heading downstairs. Ayato greeted me when I walked in, "Good morning, Keeva!" I wince at his loud volume, clutching at my head.

Ryder notices and frowns before reaching a hand out and smacking the back of Ayato's head making him yelp. Than his golden eyes turn on me, softening as a small smile spreads across his face. "There's some tea on the counter if you want some. Carlisle the only who drinks it so there's plenty for you," he murmurs softly, "It's suppose to be herb tea. My sister drinks it a lot when it's her time of the month and it supposedly helps but I don't know if it'll help you or not."

Tears filled my eyes at how gentle an caring he was being while most guys would avoid me like some disease. Ayato was staring at me in alarm while Ryder held open his arms. I shuffle into them and sniffled as his arms folded around me.

"T-thank you," I cry into his chest. "What the hell is happening to her?" Ayato exclaims making Ryder chuckle, "It's her time of the month, Ayato," he explains, rubbing my back. I sniffle again, "Damnit, I h-hate it when I get s-so damn-" I hiccupped, "-emotional."

"First day's the worst, right?" Ryder questions, resting his chin on the top my head. I nodded just as Carlisle comes in. "What just happened?" He asks slowly, pausing to stare at us. "That time," Ryder explains again, not sounding impatient at all. Carlisle nods and heads to the fridge to start making breakfast.

"Well than, because of that. Keeva," Carlisle smiles at me, "You get to pick breakfast." None of the guys complained nor protested, they just waited patiently for me to answer. I blushed as I shyly peer up at Carlisle, "I'm kinda craving pancakes," I whisper shyly.

Blake fists pumps the air, "Yes!" Ayato sniggered while Xavier and Riley rolled their eyes. "Pancakes it is!" Carlisle cheers purposely to get a small giggle from me. Ryder chuckles as well and guides me over to a chair.

I ignored the chair and proceeded to climb into Ryder's lap, yawning. No one even batted a eye as I laid my head on his chest. "Tired?" Ryder whispers, gazing down at me. I raised my eyes to his warm golden, "A bit." He kisses my forehead and takes the plate of pancakes that Carlisle hands to him.

He sets it down in front of me and I dug in. "Keeva, your mom called," Carlisle suddenly informs me. I glance up from my pancakes to him, "And?" He watches me for a moment, "She wanted to tell you that your father's sentence increased." I froze at his words to stare at a smiling Carlisle, "He's in there for life along with his friend."

After my shock worn away, I let out a joyful laugh as tears streamed down my face, "Yes!" I exclaim gleefully. Everyone around me was grinning and I took comfort in having the closest thing to a family I've ever had. I paused from laughing, "I love you all," I sniffled. I feel Ryder tense underneath me but I ignored it, "I couldn't ask for a better family," I mumble.

I climbed off Ryder's lap to stand in front of them. "Carlisle, you are the closest thing I've had as a father," I tell them before turning to the boys except for Ryder, "And brothers."

Ayato fakes sobs, "That's the nicest thing she's ever said to me." I giggle while everyone laughs. Even Ryder cracks a smile. Blake smiles warmly at me, "We love you too, sis."

******

Crying, I curled into Ryder's chest. "W-why did h-he do t-that?" I cried. After extreme begging, Ryder agreed to watch New Moon with me. He chuckles, rubbing my back gently, "It's just a movie, Princess," he soothes.

I bury my face in his t-shirt, "But he lied to her! A-and left her!" I sniffle. Ryder pause the movie, "He was trying to protect her," he whispers, brushing his lips across my own. My tears calmed as I straddle him, kissing him back.

My hand presses against his chest, and I could feel his heart beating against my hand. I felt his smile against my lips as he cradles my cheek in his hand while his other hand rests on my hips. His thumb strokes across my cheek as he pulls away. My eyes stay close as I lower my face to his neck, laying my head on his shoulder.

I was still straddling him and he wraps his arms around my waist. "See? It's okay," he whispers to me. I sigh in satisfactory, "I lo-" I cut myself off immediately before I could finish, my heart speeding up when he tenses.

"What?" He chokes out. "I said I love Twilight," I quickly mumble. I knew he knew that I was lying but he didn't push it, just stays silent. "Go to sleep, princess," he suddenly says, breaking the silence.

I inhale his scent slightly, "Okay." His lips brush my ear, "I heard what you said an I know what you almost said," he whispers just as I dropped into sleep.

I didn't have time to panic or respond my mind when blank.

_______________________________________

"Keeva! You little bitch!" My father yells, kicking me in the gut. I cry out immediately, "Stop it!" He sneers down at me, "And why should I?! You deserve it for tearing my marriage apart!"

I sobbed as he kicks me again, lashing at me with the belt as well, "And since you ruined my happiness, I ruined yours!" I gasp he pulls me up by my hair and throws me at the wall.

My father suddenly points to a lump of clothing against the opposite wall and I cry out in pain when I see it's Ryder. "What did you do?!" I scream, stumbling over and collapsing at his side. "I killed him!" My father taunts.

Tears streaming down my cheeks, I cup Ryder's face, "Ryder-" my voice breaks, "-Wake up!" I sobbed, "You can't leave me here, Ryder! You promised you would protect me!" But he didn't wake up and pain torn through me releasing a loud scream from my throat.

I collapse against his chest and sob my heart out, screaming everytime a kick or punch or lash of the belt hits me. Soon enough, I'm passing out from blood lost.