Chapter 10; I got you

Soon, Carlisle was pulling up to a huge building and I could see girls everywhere in groups, chatting. We were the first ones here and instantly all eyes turn on us when Ryder helps me out of the car. I bit down on my lip, gripping tightly on Ryder's hand. "You're okay, princess. I'm right here," he whispers in my ear, wrapping his arm around my waist and bringing me to his side.

The other boys smiled at me before going to talk to different girls. Carlisle was standing a few feet away from us, chatting to a older woman as well. Ryder's hand appears on my lower back, coaxing me forwards, "Come on," he murmurs, his voice making me shudder at how low it was.

"I'm scared, Ryder," I whisper urgently to him. His fingers caress my bare skin, "I won't leave your side," he promises me. Suddenly a familiar blonde comes up to us, "Hi! My name is Jessica, welcome," she chirps, smiling. I shyly smile back at her, my hair falling in my face.

Jessica use to go to my old school before she moved away.

"Nice you meet you, Jessica," Ryder says, his voice hard as normal when he's speaking to other people. Jessica smiles, placing a hand on his chest, "And you are?" I was getting unnerved at the way she was looking and speaking to him but I stay silent, glaring at the ground.

Ryder shrugs her hand off, stepping back while prying my hand from a fist so my nails didn't dig into my palm again. "Ryder," he growls, his eyes flashing. His fingers curl around mine as he pulls me closer to him, "And this beautiful girl, is my girlfriend, Keeva," he murmurs softly, gazing down at me with a gentle smile instead of a cold grimace like he did at Jessica.

Jessica frowns, sending me a dirty look that Ryder noticed, "She's your girlfriend?" She sneers. I flinch, realizing she hadn't changed at all. "There a problem?" He spats, his voice cold and hard again. She just smiles, though I didn't miss her glare aimed at me, "No, not at all. Have a good night."

After that, she walks away, back to her giggling group of bitches. I turn around with my eyes cast down to the ground. Ryder was trembling and I could feel his hard stare on me as he struggles to rein in his temper. "I'm sorry," he said finally, his voice soft. My eyes snap to his golden, "You're not mad?"

He chuckles, "Of course I am. I'm pissed that you're treated this way, princess, but I'm going to make sure you have a good night, tonight," he tells me, cradling my face, "Let's forget about her and go inside."

I nod my head in agreement, allowing him to take my hand and lead me inside. About ten minutes later, everyone is seated and food is brought out. The seating is arranged where there's six students at each table, three girls and boys each and the teachers are sitting at a long table together.

Unfortunately, Jessica got seated with me and Ryder at the same table along with a brown haired girl named Hannah and than two boys named Josh and Derek.

"So what's your girl's names?" Derek asks, his eyes not leaving me as he gestures to me and Ryder. Ryder was tense beside me, "My name is Ryder, this is Keeva, my girlfriend." Peeking through my eyelashes, I could see Ryder's golden eyes glaring hatefully at Derek.

Nervously, I tug at Ryder's jacket sleeve to get his attention. He immediately turns his gaze to me, "What is it, Princess?" He murmurs softly. My eyes flicker to the girls who were glaring at me than back to Ryder, "I- I don't know if I can handle this," I whisper. Ryder's eyes flicker up for a second to the others and his eyes darken when he sees them staring. "Aren't you suppose to be socializing?" He spats.

Derek smirks, "Now, now, Ryder, just because you have this little beauty and your father is important doesn't mean I'm tolerating it." I flinch when he looks at me again. "Shut up, Derek," Ryder growls. Jessica rolls her eyes as Hannah starts talking to Josh.