Chapter 2-2

Weekly Shounen Despair Magazine: Daily Life
Day and Night 6
Free Time Event #2

It's the next morning...afternoon, I should say and people are just waking in the cafeteria.....while watching Taka and Mondo bro it out. "Hey, Harli. Are they friends now?" Chi asked, taking a bite of his toast. "Yeah, apparently" I said when Makoto walked over to us. "What's going on with them?" He asked. "I don't know. They've been like this all morning long" Hina said eating her doughnuts. "Don't mind her, bro. They don't understand the bond we share." Mondo said as they laughed.

We all were watching them and eating our breakfast, getting ready for the day. As soon as we all finished, we all decided that we were going to clean up the first and second floor today, so we paired up and picked a specific place to clean. Both me and Taka decided to clean the kitchen.

Once again, it was quiet between the two of us as we heard Mondo and Chi talking outside, cleaning the cafeteria. We didn't really start talking until halfway through cleaning.

"So...what do you wanna talk about?" I asked, sorting things in the refrigerator. He didn't say anything. Guess he was deep in his thought to say anything.

"Harli! Taka! We need more Clorox and water!" Chi shouted as I stopped sorting and went outside to grab the bucket from him, going back in and filling the bucket with hot water.

"Quick question...what would be a good gift for someone who...likes..." Taka drifted off into thought as I turned towards him. "A gift? What's the occasion?" I raised a brow at him as he tossed me the Clorox. "Friendship. What's a good gift for Kyoudai?" Taka asked as I scratched my head.

"Hm...oh! I saw this keychain in the school store and it was a motorcycle. Black with red to yellow ombre flames. Costs about 5 Monocoins" I said to him as he nodded and went back to cleaning. I grabbed the bucket from the sink and grabbed the Clorox, taking it outside towards Chi. He thanked me as I walked back inside, only to see him ponder in thought.

"Hm? Is there something wrong?" I asked, waving my hand in his face. He shook his head, going back to work. I sighed and went back to cleaning the fridge.

○○○○○○○○○○○

"Done! Finally!" Mondo shouts, barging into the kitchen to see us both still cleaning up...well, our 3rd time going over the kitchen, making sure it's 100% clean and nothing left behind.

"You're still cleaning? I thought you two were the first ones done. Everyone else is hanging out by the pool" Chi said as we both shook our heads. "Nope. 3rd times the charm!" Both me and Taka said as they both sighed. Chi sat on the counter while Mondo was standing where he was at.

Silence loves this group because all 4 of us were silent. Two was watching the other two clean. Mondo groaned before slamming his fist on the counter, making all 3 of us jump and scream.

"What?!" I asked, sighing and trying to catch my breath. "It's too damn quiet in here. Think of a conversation or somethin, cause this silent treatment is getting too damn old" He said, glaring at the three of us. We sat in silence again, thinking of a topic. Chi jumped up, catching our attention.

"What do you plan on doing once we leave?" He asked, grabbing an apple and eating it.

"Good question, Chi...hm...I guess continue figure skating. That's what I always want to do growing up...and also to skate in the Olympics" I said, smiling at the thought of me skating again. I ended up taking leave when I started to gotten accepted into HP.

"Didn't you skate in the Olympics once?" Chi asked as I shook my head. "No. That was the Skating League" I explained as he nodded before turning to the boys.

"A carpenter" Mondo said bluntly as I raised my eyebrow at him. "Carpenter?" I asked as he nodded. "Make sure you build a house for all four of us to live in" I said and smiled. He raised an eyebrow before nodded. "It's gonna be the best fucking house in Japan" He exclaimed as we cheered him on before turning to Taka.

"Haven't-"

"Harli! We need more donuts!!" Hina exclaimed as I motioned Chi to grab 3 boxes. He did and went to give the boxes to Hina before walking back into the kitchen.

"Study hard, I guess" Taka said as I nodded, getting up and standing on the counter. "Study hard and be better than my grandfather" He proclaimed as we cheered him on.

"Ooo, I have a good idea. When we get out, all four of us should live together while achieving our dreams. Sounds good?" Chi said as all of us nodded before getting food for the four of us and walking to the pool. Nobody was there but us, so we had the whole pool area to ourselves.

"Alright! Pool party between the four of us!" I said excitedly, grabbing multiple floaties and other pool stuff and tossing them in there. The four of us agreed to just go in with t-shirts and shorts on, so we (excluding Chi) changed and gotten into the pool.

Each of us had our own floatie, each containing some storage for our food and drinks.

"Okay...what now?" Chi asked, drinking his drink. I think it was soda, not sure.

"Hmm...funniest memory you can think of" I said, grabbing a ball and throwing it at Mondo, letting him go first. "Hm...speeding in a school zone and getting away with it. Poor cops couldn't even catch up to me" He chuckled, drinking his slurpee.

"Ugh, I remembered that...all for free 7-11 slurpee day. It was right by our middle school and the 7-11 was 5 minutes away from us" I said, sighing. "Nobody misses 7-11 slurpee day. People skip school for this day" He said before tossing the ball to Chi, signaling his turn.

"Okay...my turn...oh! I believe I was 9 or 10 at the time, and this friend was 11 or 12. I had a friend over and I was teaching her coding. I left to get some drinks and came back to find her crying and trapped in the wires. She was crying, not because she was trapped, but because she didn't want to electrocute herself, but more tears came" He tried not to laugh, but he did anyways.

"Did she electrocute herself?" Taka asked, curious. "No. My dad came and gotten her out, but she never touched a wire ever again...unless it was absolutely necessary. What's funny was that she was scared to electrocute herself, yet she kept crying" Chi said before tossing the ball to Taka. He sat up from his floatie and pondered for a moment.

"Don't have any" He bluntly stated before tossing the ball to me, but I tossed it back at him. "You have to have something" I said, but he tossed it at me, shaking his head.

"Fine!" I said, sitting up and thinking. Most funny memories I have were with my sister. I couldn't think of any that doesn't have her in it.

"Okay...um...Oh! Okay, so this was before mother lost full custody of my sister. We went to America and mother wanted a picture of the both of us swimming. It was funny, but cute, because we were in the 4ft center of the pool. I was smiling while Rion flipping mother off. Everything for her was nose down was in the water" I said while Chi was chuckling, Mondo and taka raised their eyebrows.

"How old were you two?" Mondo asked. "I was...around 2 and Rion was 4, but she was much shorter than me, so only her eyes were visible" I said, still smiling at the memory.

"Attention all students. This is a school announcement. It is now 10 p.m. The cafeteria will be closed off monetarily. Everyone return to your room. Good night. Don't let the bed bugs bite"

"Wait, how long were we in here?" I asked as we rushed to clean up the pool. "You two didn't finish cleaning until...8. So about two hours" Chi said as I hummed, grabbing everything before the four of us left the pool and walked to the 1st floor, where our dorms were at.

"Oh my. Well, today was fun. Good night, gentlemen" I said, walking into my room, getting ready for bed.

●Word Count: 1450●