8

a/n: im soso sorry guys! i just realized it's almost been a month since i last updated. ive just been so caught up with school lately that i dont have time for anything. ;_; as a reward for being such a lovelylovely person and being a dedicated reader-- here's a longer chapter for you guys! <3

alsoalso, I uploaded a pic of what Judas looks like in Chapter 2! If you would like to see what he looks like, go visit chp 2. c:

enjoy reading!~

x

The rocks crunch underneath my boots as I took a step, and another step towards the small opening. The closer I walked towards the woods, the bigger my smile grew.

I lifted a branch decorated with deep shades of green and slipped just pass the guarded branches. Continuing to walk through the small carved path, I felt a few leaves tickle my sides as if they were comforting me. Although these trees did not speak and did not see, I sought comfort in the silence. I enjoyed the serenity they offered and wished my life at home was similar.

I carried along the path for another five minutes, all along hearing the sound of crashing waves getting closer and closer with each step I took. My nostrils was filled with the familiarity of salt and sea and nature. I smiled.

At last, my two feet landed into a small clearing made up of soil and patches of weeds. I in-took my breath.

Every time I came to the Rock, my reaction was the same. I was struck by the beauty of the scenery. Painted a conflicted indigo, the vastness of the deep sea filled my vision, stretching thousands of miles in every direction. Due to the high proximity of where I stood, I could see the outline of the earth's rounded edge, the distance between the overcast sky and the sea creating a white layer of matter. The sky farther complimented the sea's dark cobalt color in such a way that it only added to the beauty. I watched in awe as the sea continued to dance with personality in each splash, unaware of the beauty it offered.

Towards the center of the clearing was a century-old, grey rock. It was located not to close to the edge of the cliff, but not too far where it would be tucked into the safety of the woods. When I'd first discovered the clearing, it'd been there. And I had reasons to believe it had survived longer than I'd first discovered it. Cracks along the surface decorated the igneous rock, bottoms rooted deep within the soil. The rock appeared to always been there through the agonies and protests of the earth, undisturbed. And for that, I decided to name my safe haven The Rock as a symbol of somewhere stable that I could always fall back to.

Without hesitation, I make my way towards it. With each step I took, my boots slightly sink into the almost-soggy soil. The storm must've hit home here, I realized. A few days ago, a huge rainstorm hit the Bay Point area and caused major flooding among the sectors with the heaviest rain fall. The Rock must've been one of the sectors the red suited lady from Channel 12 warned of.

Once at the edge of the rock, I began to carefully climb on top of it, in case the Rock itself was still wet from the rain. It's hard surface felt cold against my skin. Quickly realizing the sun must've dried the Rock, my muscles relax. The Rock itself wasn't necessarily tall in height; if anything it was large in width. Which was why it was fairly easy to climb. So without care, I hastily throw my legs over the rock and let it dangle over the edge.

I sighed, leaning backwards and letting my legs unconsciously move back and forth. My dad was wrong. I wasn't always locked in my room, he just never bothered to check if I was home or not. Times like today, I am outside, relieved of technology, wasn't I?

Although I don't leave the house as much as other normal high schoolers do, I go out more than he thinks. If only he would notice.

A sudden strong wind blew pass and with it takes my long hair with the direction of the wind, flaring and tickling the sides of my face.

My thoughts flickered to Colin and the conversation we had earlier. He was worried and only trying to be a good friend. In that instant, I regretted the way our conversation went. However, I didn't want to get too close to him. I wanted--no, needed--to keep him at an arm's length. After all, at the end of the day, he wasn't a genuine friend. A genuine friend was someone who wouldn't care if the world saw us together. He only saw me as a decoy, a comforting pillow for him to scream his frustrations in. I sighed, pulling my legs up and burying my head into my arms.

High school life is shit. My life at 'home' is strained. My friends aren't genuine. My life is shit.

So why are you still here? A voice within me whispered. Look ahead of you, there's a cliff, all you have to do is jump off and all your worries will go away.

A tear leaked down my face.

Another realization hit me.

And with that, I lifted my head up and a grimace formed.

Why was I here? My father clearly doesn't want me. I don't have real friends to count on, every time I look at my grades I get a headache.. there's no place in this world for me. I hastily wiped away the tear and sniffled.

Then, I laughed humorlessly to myself. I knew the answer to my own question. It was because I was a coward--scared to face the world and much too scared to end it.

Just then, the smell of cigarette smoke drift to my nostrils and my head jerks quickly towards the direction of the rigged smell.

Perched on the edge of the cliff was a familiar dark haired boy with a cigarette dangling dangerously low on his lips. He had an earbud in and a notebook filled with musical notes.

Just then, the dark haired beauty turned his head and his dark eyes landed on me.

The next words that left his red hue lips left me stunned.

"The height won't kill you."