3

a/n: thank you to those that are still reading! i love you <333 here's the update! dont forget to vote if you liked it. c:

* * *

"Ugh," I moaned, slowly getting up. I clenched my throbbing head. Ugh. It was pounding harder than Keith Moon on his eccentric days.

I moved just as a streaming light slipping pass the white blinds momentarily impair my sights. I closed my eyes in attempt to soothe my vision.

Once my eyes have settled, I looked around.

The familiar whiteness of the room, the tidy clothes racket filled with my everyday clothes, small artworks framed along the wall, and my Mac desktop stared back at me. I realized I was back in the safety of my own room.

I furled my brows. How did I get here? Usually when I drink, I always end up crashing over at Colin's place or in the back alley of some random shop.

Colin Halleck's place was my go-to whenever I drink, mainly because he was also a frequent party-goer and his apartment was almost always empty.

Exhaling a breath of air, I stare blankly across the room and search my still-pounding head for clues of last night. I drew a blank.

Shaking my head, I get up and walk to the kitchen. My head throbbed too much right now to think about anything, much less last night. I opened a cabinet above the kitchen counter and grabbed a bottle of Aspirin. Popping a few down with some water, I made my way back to my room.

The house's silence reassured me that no one was home; for which I was internally grateful for. ..And totally not because I dreaded to face my father.

Taking my phone that was resting on my nightstand, I turn it on and waited for it to go to home screen. My phone lit up with numerous messages from Merith, one of my few acquaintances that I consider, somewhat, a real friend.

Merith (sent 8:03) : meet me by the library entrance, i have some much shit to tell u!!!

Merith (sent 8:14) : hello??

Merith (sent 8:20) : where r u ????

Merith (sent 8:20) : its a friday, believe it or not but we have school so get ur ass up!!

I looked at my lockscreen: 10:40 AM Friday, October 21, 2016. I blinked.

Shit.. Shit, SHIT!

I'm late, I've completely forgotten it is the weekday, I have a hangover, and my father will absolutely obliterate me! My mood plummets to the bottom when my thoughts shifted to my father.  If there was one thing I remember from yesterday's drunken night, it was the argument. As I thought of yesterday's fight, another wave of emotions start to rise deep in my throat. Today's tardy will just be another excuse for him to be disappointed in me. I was always a disappointment to him. I shut my eyes tightly and let out a ragged breath.

Not now, Lyla.

I opened my eyes and quickly got dressed, throwing on the first piece of clothing I see. In my case, it was a black over-sized hoodie, black washed jeans, and combat boots. I quickly brush over my long, thin black hair. Still not satisfied with my ugly and limp hair, I settled with an corduroy Adidas baseball cap.

Avoiding my own dear reflection, I quickly grabbed my keys, wallet, backpack, an apple, and shot out the door.

* * *

I arrived just when the third hour bell rang. I sighed quietly in relief. At least it will be a tardy instead of an absence.

I quietly slipped in my US History seat, which was in the back of the room. The room rang of loud chatter between fellow junior years. I looked away in disinterest. I had no interest to join nor listen to any of my classmates chatter. It was boring, pointless, and well.. boring. Everyone and everything was the same at Crulver High. Everybody followed everyone else's trends.. and in turn, our high school was just.. bland. It was as if Crulver High was a black and white painted picture and no one dared to be the colorful streak. Including me.

I adverted my thoughts and looked underneath my desk. I decided to send a text to Colin.

Lyla (sent 11:04) : can you meet me behind the library before lunch?

While I waited for his text, I racked my brain for any sort of clue as of how I had traveled home. However, my brain drew another huge blank. Fuck.

Colin (sent 11:05) : yea, but don't bring anyone else but you.

I smiled.

Lyla (sent 11:05) : as always.

* * *