5

Special thanks to @lostwinter for the ah-mazing banner! Thank you, I'm in love! <3

* * *

"So who're they?" I asked, my mellow eyes slowly traveling to their table. The dirty blonde with green eyes was holding his sides, laughing at something astonishingly funny the honey haired guy said. The dark haired beauty looked distant and continued to eat his lunch.

She turned to me and her pale eyebrows raised up so high I was sure it would've shot through the roof. "You're joking right?"

I slowly shook my head.

"You really don't know who the Trio are?"

Silence.

She sighed, folding a strand of her light hair behind her ear. She murmured beneath her breath, "Of course you don't.. What would you really do without me.." Because of my great hearing, I pick up on the entire sentence. I decided to ignore it.

"Okay so.. you see that dirty blonde hair guy with the floral shirt? That's Travis Wessen. He's charming, godly looking.." she sighs wholeheartedly, her eyes turning into two love struck heart eyes. "I mean look at that sexy smile.." she trails.

"Merith.. focus."

She cleared her throat. "Right. He's a womanizer and the smoothest talker ever. He goes through girls much faster than any of the other four. But he hasn't might someone like me, so.." She turned to me, staring at me dead in the eyes. "..he's mine."

I rolled my eyes. I guess this 'big-time' Travis and his far-fetching charms has even seduced Merith's heart.

"Anyways," she pointed to the guy with parted hair. "That's Graham Povolo. He's your class jokester; funny, smart, and gorgeous. The total package. He makes preppy the new black. And he's got Italian blood running through his veins. Sadly, he's taken by Julia Denton. But I mean you can still admire his gorgeous tanned body from afar.."

I glanced at Graham Povolo and realized she was right. He was the epitome of the perfect shade of tan. Even the cheerleaders would drop their jaws in awe. My eyes traveled down his outfit and I spotted his Sperry's. I resisted the urge to cringe and directed my attention back to Merith.

"The last, but certainly NOT least, is Judas Callahan. He's tall, brooding, and so.. mysterious." She sighs yet again and lays her head on her hand in a dream-like state. "Unlike Travis Wessen, who's charm is his smooth talking, he's alluring in the complete opposite way. His quiet actions and captivating aura definitely attracts the most girls out of the Trio. And I would even like to say, his style is most definitely the best out of the three. And a double bonus, he's gifted with the ability to sing. I heard he even gets booked gigs."

My eyes darted to Judas Callahan. Perhaps my mind was playing tricks with me and he hadn't saved me, I hadn't barfed all over him, and he hadn't taken me home.

Flashbacks of that night replayed again, as if my mind was daring me to prove other wise.

I sighed inwardly. I have to get this Judas Callahan alone. To apologize. And to thank him for being a good sport and taking me home.

"--all three of them--Judas Callahan, Travis Wessen, Graham Povolo--make up the Trio." She finished. "Well, that's what I like to call them at least."

I narrowed my eyes. There were four guys who'd walked in, why was it called 'the Trio'? "What about that other guy?" I asked, directing my gaze to the dorky guy with big framed glasses. He sat straight like a board, but seemed at ease with his other buddies. I glanced at other people in the lunch room. No doubt, half the girls were glancing at them with longing eyes.

Well.

"Oh, Denis Wilton?" She laughed. "He's kinda like the DUFF of the group.. Real nerdy, major science geek. He has no game whatsoever. I always wonder why he is even their friends at all.." she paused, "probably to do their homework for them," she giggled in conclusion, adjusting her glasses.

"Anyways.." Merith moved on to another topic. "You think I should dye my hair black for the winter? I've seen, like, so many girls this year dying their hair dark. Maybe it's become a trend? Because I'm totally into it. Did you see Donna's hair though? It was.."

My mind falls back into its usual vacancy. Merith continues to drone on and on about her usual pointless gossip.

I bowed my head and continued picking at my uneaten salad.

Back to normal.

* * *