19. Retreat

Sungyeol

"Are you cold?" I ask. She shook her head and snuggle closer to me. I took my jacket off and draped it over her body. I, then, wrap my arm around her waist and pulled her closer. We are now on the plane going to Jeju.

"Is she alright?" Woohyun asks as he knelt down on his seat to have a look at us.

I nodded and smile. "She's just feeling cold..."

He took a seat again and I heard him rummage his bag. He knelt on his seat again and handed me a small blanket.

"Here... Good thing my mother packed this for me..."

"Thanks..." I draped it over her, above my jacket.

"The view is so annoying, don't you think?" I heard someone said. I look to my left and saw Amber. She and Luna are sitting on the row next to us. Amber glanced at me and smirks. Luna, on the other hand, is pouting with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Aigoo... What an eye sore..." Amber annoys me more.

"Don't get me started, Amber. I don't care if we're on a plane," I calmly said but tension is visible on my voice.

"Oh~ Is that a threat?" She pretends to be scared. "You want me to tell you something scarier? Take real good care of your girlfriend..." She whispers. I know she's up to something again by the way she speaks. I balled my fist and is about to plunge into her when a hand grabs my arm to stop me.

"Don't mind her. Just ignore her," Iseul said.

"Oi.. Pale student! Are you feeling cold? You look paler today," Amber annoyingly chuckles. Much to her surprise, instead of Iseul getting mad at her, she smiles at her and I know that it is a genuine smile.

"Thanks for your concern, Amber, but I'm fine..."

Amber opens her mouth but nothing was heard. It seems like she wants to say more annoying things but she was taken aback by Iseul's behavior.

"Can we get some sleep here?" A student said which made Amber shut her mouth and looks at the other direction.

*************

After one and a half hour, we finally arrived at Jeju. The teacher assigned on our team gathered us and we did a roll call. After making sure that everyone was called, we ride on a bus and headed to our real destination.

"Sungyeol, look!" Iseul excitedly points outside the window as we pass by the ocean. "This is so amazing!!"

"Sit down properly. The driver might stop abruptly and you might loose your balance," I told her.

"Sungyeol, look! The sky is so clear!!" She beamed once more like a little child who's fascinated at everything she sees. I just shake my head and smile. I just held onto the window sill to serve my arm as her seat belt.

It was a quick ride going to our destination. Our teacher let us go down the bus and did the roll call again. I was expecting that we are going to stay at a hotel but this is more than I expected. We are staying at a resort. The place is full of trees and there are cabins around. This is good for Iseul's health.

"Alright, students... Gather up..." one of our teachers shouted for everybody to hear. I grabbed Iseul's bag and held her hand as we walk near our teacher.

"This is where we are going to stay for three days. We thought of staying in this kind of place instead of the hotel. You've been surrounded by tall buildings in Seoul so we decided to look for a place with lots of trees. And of course, in this kind of place there will always be..."