8. In the Rain

Iseul

"Iseul, catch!" A bottle of grape juice was thrown to me. Since my reflexes are not fast, I was not able to catch it and the bottle hit my forehead.

"Ow!" I wince and hold my poor forehead.

"Omo! Are you okay?" Sungyeol immediately runs towards me and checks my hurt forehead.

"Why did you throw it?" I pout as I rub my forehead. He chuckles at my reaction and place my head on his chest, ruffling my hair as he did.

"I'm sorry. I thought you'd be able to catch it," he chuckles more.

"You dare laugh!" I puffed and glares at him.

"Well it's not my fault you have grandma reflexes," he laughs.

"Yah!"

"Arasso, arasso," he said and placed my head on his chest again. "It's my fault. I'm sorry."

"Aren't your actions a little over being friends?" Sungjong asks as he takes a bite from his sandwich. It is weekend and we decided to hang out all together. We are now having a picnic at a place they call their space. They said that they always go here whenever they want to unwind from school works.

"I think they are more than friends now," Woohyun teased more. I slowly pulled away from Sungyeol and drink from the bottle of grape juice. Why is it suddenly hot here?

"Stop blabbering," Sungyeol said and threw the cap of bottle to Woohyun. "You're making Iseul uncomfortable."

The boys laugh well except for Myungsoo who always stays serious. "Isn't it true?" Sungjong asks.

"What is true?" Sungyeol asks like the topic is nothing for him. It somehow made me disappointed. Omo! What am I saying?

"Eii~ stop acting like you don't know," Woohyun teased.

"I've been like this to Iseul since I met her," Sungyeol said and looks at me. "Right, Iseul?"

"Y-yes," I stuttered and took a sip from the straw in the bottle juice i am holding.

"Stop teasing them, will you?" Sungkyu oppa said which made me feel relieved. "Stop making our princess uncomfortable," he looks at me and smile. This is what I like about Sungkyu oppa. He is always caring for the people around him.

"Who's up for a game?" Hoya oppa said as he spins the book I brought on the tip of his index finger. Sungyeol snatched the book and placed it on my lap again.

"What game?" Dongwoo oppa asked. Dongwoo oppa suggested a lot of games and they happily played it.

I suddenly feel sleepy which makes me drowsy from time to time. This drowsiness must be caused by the medicine I drank earlier. My eyes cannot take it anymore and slowly, my eyes close and I felt warm hand carefully lying me down. I'm not in the conscious to check who it is anymore for I am already lost in oblivion.

Sungyeol

While Sungjong tries to flick Sungkyu hyung's forehead for losing the game, I noticed Iseul closing her eyes. I look at her and a smile forms my lips as I try to copy her whenever her head falls down and up as she tries to stay awake.

When I notice that her eyes remains closed, I hurriedly walk towards her and sit beside her. I carefully pulled her down and let her lie down. My lap serves as her pillow. I tuck strands of hair away from her lovely face behind her ear.

My hand was not able to stop its action and landed on her cheek. She feels cold. I took my jacket off and drape it over her lower body, preventing the wind to make the hem of her dress go high above her legs.

"You must got tired of our rowdiness," I whisper as I caress her face with my thumb.

"Just friends, huh?" I heard someone say and as I look at my right, the boys are surrounding us. Woohyun is sitting with his elbows propped on his thigh and he leans his chin on his palms.

"Shhh," I shush then.

"Why don't you just tell her already?" Dongwoo hyung asks. I just smile and looks at Iseul again who is fast asleep.

"Since when?" Sungkyu hyung asked which made me crease my eyebrows from confusion.

"Since when what?" I ask.

"Isnt the question obvious? Since when did you have feelings for her?" Woohyun gives me a meaningful smile.

I look at her again and stare at her angelic face. I've been hiding my feelings for her for too long now. Every time I see her, I feel giddy. I want to hold hands with her, kiss her, show her how much I love her.

"You're in love with her indeed," I hear Woohyun who's still sitting in front of me chuckle. "Just look at how you look at her."

"If you like her, show her," I heard Myungsoo said and we all look at him. "What?" He nonchalantly asked.

"You spoke!" Dongwoo hyung said and looks at Woohyun. Both of them clasped their hands together.

"Our friend is not mute anymore!" Woohyun exclaimed which made all of us laugh. Here goes these dorks again... I look at Myungsoo and he just gave us that signature stare of his. He then looks at me then to Iseul then back to me then he suddenly walks away.

***********

"Hold on tight," I told Iseul and pedaled faster. We are now riding my old trusted bicycle. She's sitting behind me and her tiny hands are wrapped around my waist.

"Waaah..." she screams and laughs. "Faster!"

I pedaled faster and her hands wrap tighter around my waist and she leans her head on my back. I felt a liquid on my skin. I look up and notice that the sky is getting darker.

"We have to hurry. It will almost rain," I said and I felt her nod at my back. I tried to pedal faster but it's no use. Countless raindrops fall from the sky and we are now starting to get wet. This is no good for Iseul's condition.

I turned my bike on a park I saw. "Let's take shelter under the slide," I told her as I park my near the swing. We run towards the slide while my hands try to cover her head from the rain.

"This is fun," she giggles as we sit under the slide.

"You, silly. What's so fun in getting wet under the rain?" I ask as I ruffle her hair to remove the water.

She pouts and looks at me. "I never experience any of this," she then smile and cup my cheeks. "But thanks to you, I experience feeling a normal teenager."

I look at her and my heart pounds so fast when she held my cheeks. She smiles so bright and removes her hand from my skin and looks around her, still having that smile.

"I don't think the rain will stop anytime soon," she said and stands up.

"Where are you going?" I ask as I grab her wrist. She smiles and pulls me up. Now we are under the rain again.

"Since we are already wet and the rain will not stop soon... Let's just enjoy it," she runs around and turns around while looking up at the sky with her eyes close.

My lips was uncontrollable in curling up forming a smile. I run towards her and wrap my arms around her waist from behind. I lift her up and spin both of us. She giggles and slaps my arm.

"Put me down," she giggles more. I set her feet on the ground but my arms are still around her waist. She did not mind it and leans her back on my chest.

"This feels nice," she said in a whisper. I hug her tighter and rest my chin on her shoulder, swaying both of us like we are dancing.

"I love you, Iseul," I whisper and I felt her tensed up. I spun her to face me and she gives me a confused look.

"W-What did you say?" She stuttered. I cup her neck and trace her jawline with my thumb.

"I love you," I look at her eyes intently. "I've had this feeling for a very long time and I cannot hide it anymore."

I rest my forehead on hers and breathe. "I love you, Iseul."

I look at her lips and trace it with my thumb. I lean closer but hesitates. "This is okay, right?" When she nods, my hesitations fade away and captivate her lips.