5. Sudden Actions

Iseul

The stares and whispers are what welcomed me on my second day of school. Who wouldn't? The most famous boys in this school are with me as I enter the school gate and Sungyeol is bringing my bag for me. They are curious as to what my relationship is with these boys.

A student is running along the corridor backwards and he is about to bump onto me. As I have no fast reflexes, I stood still and wait for the student to bump onto me. I felt a hand grab my arm and pulled me out of my place and the student bumped onto Dongwoo oppa instead. My back hit a certain chest of someone and when I look up, Myungsoo looks at me with his usual expressionless face. Gasps and whispers immediately filled the corridor after what Myungsoo did.

"Did you see that?"

"Myungsoo oppa is so charming!"

"Did you see how they looked at each other?"

"Who is that girl?"

Sungyeol grabs my wrist and slowly pulled me away from Myungsoo. "Are you alright?" He worried my asked and once again, more whispers were heard.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said and smile at him. I turned to Myungsoo. "Thank you."

He just stared at me with those emotionless eyes, put his hands in his pocket and continued walking. I really don't understand that guy. Is it really difficult to smile?

"See you later during lunch time, Iseul," Sungkyu oppa said and pats my head before walking to his respective class.

All eyes are on us as Woohyun, Sungjong, Sungyeol and I got inside our room. I walk to my desk with my head hanged down. Woohyun oppa sat on a desk where girls are talking with each other. He's obviously showing off his charm again.

"Did you drink your meds?" Sungyeol asked as he pulled my chair for me to sit.

"Oh, crap! I forgot to take it," I cover my mouth in shock as I sit on my chair.

"Iseul!"

"Just kidding," I grin at him. "Relax, will you?"

"Don't give jokes like that! It's not even funny!" He sits beside me and rummage his bag. He got out an apple from it and placed it on my desk. My eyes automatically rolled up in seeing the fruit.

"Stop rolling your eyes and just eat it," he said and had a bite of his own apple. I grab the fruit and had a bite even though it is against my will.

"Sungyeol?"

"Hm?"

I stare at him and he reciprocates. This man is always beside me. Making me smile... Making me feel that everything is alright even though my world is crumbling before me... I start to think that what if he's not beside me? What if one day there is no Sungyeol in my life anymore? Just the thought of it scares me.

"What?" He said in a muffled sound for he has apple in his mouth.

I smile and had a bite of my apple too. "Nothing..."

Our teacher came in and our classmates immediately went back to their proper places.

*************

Our next teacher is absent and there is no substitute for him. My classmates are now scattered inside the classroom and grabs this opportunity to talk with one another. The boys are having their weird antics again and girls find them funny as they giggle at every act they do. I start to feel bored so I stand up and decide to go to the library. Call me geek or something but it helps me calm my nerves whenever I read books.

"Where are you going?" Sungyeol asks as he saw me going out the classroom. He was busy having fun with the boys which is why I got bored.

"I'll just go to the library," I simply said. He lets go of our classmate's head which he is ruffling.

"I'll go with you," he said as he took strides towards me.

"I'll be fine, Sungyeol," I assure him.

"I insist."

Our classmates are now exchanging glances at us at our conversation. "Over protective, neh?" One of our classmates teased and all of them made an ooohh~ sound. Sungyeol threw the whiteboard eraser to that student which made everyone tease us more.

"Shut up!" Sungyeol roared but our classmates teased us more. We both got out of our classroom with our classmates reading still heard along the hallway.

"You don't have to accompany me," I said as we walk to the library.

"I want to," he simply said as he picks up a trash along the way and puts it in the proper disposal can.

We arrive at the library and I was expecting to see students reading books just like what I see in television but this library looks like a it was abandoned.

"Don't expect student here to be bookworms. Students here are way different than you," he said as he chuckles. He sits on a chair comfortably and placed his earphones in his ears. "I'll wait for you here while you pick books to read."

I roam around the library and wander my eyes in awe as I scan these precious books surrounding me. Why the hell won't students here read these books? I can't even choose which one to read first, they are all interesting. My feet drag me to the sci-fi section of books. I scan them out until my eyes saw an interesting one to read. The problem is it is high up the shelf. I raised my hand to reach it but I can't.

"Come on," I grunted in whisper as I tiptoe and try my very best to reach it. Just as I was about to give up with the book, a presence hover me and a hand reaches the book I am trying to get, his skin lightly touches mine in the process.

I spun to check who the person is but it was a wrong move. Now his face is centimeters away from me. He looks at me with that deadspan stare again.

"Here," it's Myungsoo.

"T-thank you," damn! Why am I stuttering?! I am about to walk past him but he stood still on his spot, trapping me between the shelf and his presence. I look up at him and realize that he's giving me that stare which is very far from what he always gives me. I can't quite comprehend what he wants to show me with those eyes. He suddenly lift his hand and I flinch a bit as I felt his hand on my cheek.

"Iseul?" The hand that touches my cheek immediately retreated upon hearing the voice. I look to my right and saw Sungyeol walking towards us. "Hey, Myungsoo."

Myungsoo just gives him a nod and walks away from us. "What takes you so long?" He asks.

"I can't decide which one to read," I said and gave Myungsoo's retreating back a quick glance. "Sorry to keep you waiting," I said as I look at Sungyeol.

"It's fine. I just got worried," he said and grabs the book from my hand. "This one is interesting. I've strayed reading it but was not able to finish it."

"Let's finish it then," I beamed and he ruffled my hair. We sat on a chair and made ourselves busy with the book. But my mind is preoccupied by what happened earlier. Why did Myungsoo touch my cheek? What was that gesture for?