4. First Day

Sungyeol's POV

My jaw drop as I look at her walking towards an empty seat and that is beside Sungjong who is sleeping again as usual. Why is she here? She's the new student? Does this mean that she'll really come to school now? I thought Mr Choi insists that she cannot go to school?

There are a lot of questions on my mind so when the first subject ends, I immediately dashed towards Iseul.

"Yah, why are you here??" I asked with so much confusion on my face.

"I'm a student here now," she said and tried to be cute by making 'V' sign with her fingers.

"What's the commotion? Someone's trying to sleep here," Sungjong said who has been asleep for the whole period.

"Scoot over!" I grabbed him out of his sit by his shirt and sat next to Iseul. He stumbled because of that but immediately regained his balance. He faced me furiously and is about to curse me.

"Ya! You..." he was not able to continue when he noticed Iseul. "Iseul? What are you doing here?" Like me, he was shock to see Iseul here, too. Woohyun came near us and wrapped his arm around Sungjong's neck.

"She's the new student. She'll be studying here now," Woohyun said.

"New student? She'll be studying here? Wait, when did this all happen???" He seems to be confused on what's happening.

"This all happened when you we're sleeping, you idiot," Woohyun snorted and hit Sungjong's chest. Sungjong winced because of that.

"Seriously Iseul, why are you here?" I asked again.

"I'm serious when I said I'll be studying here," she gave me a straight face like she's annoyed with my question.

"What about your condition?" Woohyun asked.

"Yeah. Did Mr Choi approve to this?" I asked again. She let out an annoyed sigh and look at us.

"Yes, Mr Choi approve to this. And I don't give a freaking care about my condition. I'll do whatever I want and my condition can't stop me!" She looks at me with hurt visible in her eyes. "Of all people, I thought you will understand me the most."

"It's not that Iseul, I'm just..." I was not able to finish my sentence when our next subject teacher came in. My classmates immediately went back to their proper seats and I have no choice but to go back to mine.

•••

It is now lunch time and I decided to ask Iseul to have lunch with us but when I approach her, she just ignored me. Is she mad at me because of how I reacted a while ago? Yeah, I admit that was not how I should react but I was just worried about her.

"Are you mad at me?" I ask her while we are walking to our school cafeteria. Woohyun and Sungjong went to gather the other boys.

"No, I'm not," she bluntly said. I grab her wrist and that made her stop from walking.

"Yes, you are," I softly said. I can't afford to see her mad, or annoyed or something, to me. "Is it because of how I reacted?"

She sighed and faced me at last. "I'm not mad, Sungyeol, I'm just...hurt," she said and look at the ground.

I tighten my grip on her wrist and pull her closer. "I'm sorry," I softly said.

"You don't have to be. It's just that of all people, you are the one who I expect to be happy and understand my decision," she said and look at me.

"That's why I'm saying sorry," this time I held her hand. "I shouldn't have reacted that way. To make it up to you, lunch is on me." She smiles at what I said and my heart flutters seeing that smile of hers.

"Iseuuuuuuuulllll~" I heard someone screamed which hurt my ears. We both turn around and saw the boys approaching us. Dongwoo was the one who screamed her name.

"Sungkyu oppa," Iseul beamed and I so want to major face palm. I totally forgot that Sungkyu also goes in this school. Yeah, the 'Sungkyu' who she adores so much.

"It's so good to see you again," Sungkyu said and they hug each other.

"We heard from Woohyun that you are studying here now," Hoya said.

"Yes, oppa," Iseul smiled widely.

"Yeah! We'll get to see you everyday now," Dongwoo beamed.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Sungkyu asked with worry.

"Of course oppa, I'm stronger than you think," she proudly said.

"Come on guys, I really can't take my hunger anymore," Sungjong said and rushed in the cafeteria which made all of us laugh and follow him.

We entered the cafeteria and girls immediately swarm around us which made Iseul stumble on the floor.

"Hey, watch it!" I exclaimed and immediately walk towards Iseul to help her. "Are you alright?" I ask her and she nodded with a smile.

"I'm totally fine," she said as she accepts my hand and stood up.

"Who is she?" I heard some of the girls who swarm around us whisper with each other.

"Oppa, come sit with us," one of the girls approach Sungkyu hyung and it is so obvious that she is flirting with him.

"I'm sorry girls but I can't eat with you today," he said and wrap his arm around Iseul's shoulder. "I need to catch up with my friend."

We all grabbed our food and sat on our usual spot. We heard the girls whined and some of them looked at Iseul with deathly stares.

Iseul's POV

We all ate happily and went in our respective rooms after. Hoya, Sungjong, Woohyun, Sungyeol and I are in the same class and the rest are in different ones. Sungkyu oppa is the only one separated from us for he is in a higher level. And when I say higher, I mean in a nerdy level. What I like about Sungkyu oppa is that he is able to maintain his grades and not be too nerdy and join his friends in whatever they want to do.

I sat beside Sungjong and fix my things on my desk before our teacher arrives.

"Scoot," I heard someone say and when I look to my side, I saw Sungjong being tossed away by Sungyeol.

"Yah! That's my place!" Sungjong whined.

"Not anymore. Go sit beside Woohyun," he said and made himself comfortable on the seat.

"I don't want to sit beside that greasy tree!"

"Just deal with it!" Sungyeol widen his eyes at him. Sungjong was not able to do anything. He grabbed his bag and sit beside Woohyun.

"What's with you? You don't have to be so mean," I chuckle as I prop my elbow in the desk and lean my chin on my palm.

"I want to sit where I can see you," he nonchalantly said as he looks at me.

"Why?" I ask.

"What do you mean why?"

"Why do you want to sit where you can see me?"

"So I can protect you," he said which made my heart skip fast. The way he looks at me while he said those words made me feel like he'll sacrifice everything for my safety.

"I'll protect you, Iseul. No matter what," he said as he stares intently at my eyes.