10. First Fight

Iseul

He feeds me with a piece of orange and I open my mouth to take it. I peel one from the orange too and feed him. He happily took it. Some skin of the orange is stuck at the edge of his mouth and I took it while he wipes my lips with his thumb, sucking it after. I blush at what he did.

"The fudge! Are you two dating?" Woohyun asked as the hotdog he's about to eat is stuck in midair as he witness what we are doing. All of the boys are actually staring at us. I shyly chuckle and avoid their stare.

"We are not just dating. We are in a relationship," Sungyeol effortlessly confessed to them which obviously was heard by the whole cafeteria. Their gazes are now all at us and they cheered from what Sungyeol said.

"Yah!" I whisper as I widen my eyes at him then I bury my face in my hands.

"You heard me," he raise his voice a bit for everyone to hear. "Iseul is my girlfriend so if any of you tries to make a move on her..." He paused and looks at the students who immediately turned away to avoid his gaze. "...
You know what will happen to you."

I cover my face again with my hands from embarrassment. But in all honesty, what he said makes me giddy. I've never seen Sungyeol like this before. Yes he is always very protective towards me. He always makes sure that I'm safe. But today's different. Every move and actions he does are mixed with love.

"Possessive much, ne?" I heard Sungjong said which gained chuckles from the others.

I felt a hand take away my hand from my face. He placed a milk drink on my hand and smiles at me which warms my heart.

"Eat," he said and I obey. Not minding what others think or say anymore.

After our lunch break, a student went inside our room saying that I was being summoned by the President of the school council. I thanked the student and told him that I'll be there in a minute. I stand up and is about to go when a hand grabs my wrist.

"I'll go with you," he said and stands up.

"There's no need, Sungyeol. I can go alone."

"You think I will let you wander around the school after what happened to you last week?" He said.

"But I..."

"No buts. I'll go with you. Let's go," he said which earned teasing oohhhs from our classmates. He grabs my hand and placed his fingers with mine making me feel giddy.

"Is this necessary?" I giggle as I raise our hands which are laced together. We are now walking along the corridor all the way to the SC office.

He looks at me and leans down to give me a peck on my lips which caused a smack sound. "That is necessary," he naughtily said. I slap his arm but was not able to suppress my giggle.

We arrived at the office and I knock before peeking inside. "You were asking for me, President?" I ask.

"Ah, yes, Iseul. Come in," he wholeheartedly smile and I come inside. He was shock upon seeing Sungyeol with me.

"He insisted coming with me," I nervously chuckle. All of their eyes are on us, specifically at our intertwined hands.

"It's fine," the President smiles. "Both of you take a seat."

We seat beside Sungkyu oppa who is a member of the student council as well. He smiles at me and shoulder bumped with Sungyeol.

"We summoned you here to ask a favor from you," the President started.

"What favor?" I ask.

"Sungkyu told us that you are good at designing things. So we decided to ask you to help us in designing the stage for our program this coming school festival."

I look at Sungkyu oppa and he smiles at me. "I'll do it," I enthusiastically nod and clasp my hands together. Just thinking about designing the stage makes me excited.

"She won't," I hear Sungyeol said and I look at him with a confused look. "She will not do that heavy work."

"Sungyeol..." I whined.

"But why? She already agreed. Why contradict the decision?" The President ask and I wait for his answer.

"This will tire her out," he said as he looks at me. I rolled my eyes and frown at him. Here goes my illness again!

"But, Sungyeol, I can handle myself," I try to convince him.

"This is not good for your condition," he firmly said.

"So..." the President clears his throat. "What's the decision?"

"I'll do it," I said not minding what Sungyeol said earlier.

"She won't do it," Sungyeol insisted.

"Sungyeol ..." I whined once again. "I can handle it." I said, my voice almost pleading.

"You will not do the task and that's final," he raised his voice and I was not able to help my tears from falling.

"Why do all of you try to restrict me with the things I want to do?" I said almost in a whisper. I stood up and dashed out of the SC office while wiping my tears.

Sungyeol

Damn! She's crying... I made her cry. I rake my hair up in frustration and heaved a sigh. The room went silent and I feel all their stares at me. I felt a hand on my shoulder and when I look up, I saw Sungkyu hyung smiles at me.

"Go after her," he said and with that, I stood up and went out of the office. I jog along the corridor in search for her. I saw her descending from the stairs, wiping her tears as she walk.

It pains me to see her this way. It pains me more knowing that I caused those tears. I dont want her to do the task because I know that it will exhaust her. And that will do no good to her condition. I don't want to see her in pain. I already saw how cruel it is for her when chest pains strike.

I run towards her and held her wrist which made her stop.

"Go away," she sobs and jerk her hand away from me but I tighten my grip. "I said go away!"

I pulled her closer and wrap her in my arms. "I'm sorry," I whisper as I tighten my hug around her fragile body. I felt her body loosen up and did not protest anymore.

"I know my condition, Sungyeol, but it doesn't mean that I am not allowed to do things I want to do," she whispered in my chest.

"I know. I'm sorry," I whisper too and kiss her hair. "I'm just scared."

She pulled away a little to look at me but my hands are still wrapped around her waist. "Scared of what?"

I lean my forehead on hers. Our breath mix as I stare at her. "I'm afraid to witness it again. To witness how painful it is for you when your...Your illness eat up your whole body. I can't forget those scream you made, Iseul. Those screams and cry of pain. And it tore my heart that I can't do anything."

Silence...

She stares at me lovingly as a warm smile forms her beautiful lips. She lift her hand and placed it both on my neck, cupping it, as her thumb trace my jawline.

"It will never happen again, Sungyeol," she whispers and peck my lips. "Because I know you're there to prevent it," she smiles. "Always be with me, Sungyeol."

"Always," I said and fully captivate her lips. I will never leave this girl in my arms. I can't imagine her out of my life now. Like my whole system screams her and only her. I love her so much and I will do everything to protect her.