19. Hurting Hearts

Start from the beginning

"OK then give me your hand I'll take you to your room. " she stretched her hand to me.

"It's our room doll... besides don't you want to meet your family? Let's start. " I hold her hand and got up.

"I Am.....but look at you, you are hurt I don't want to trouble you. And you need rest now. "I found her head hung down she felt disappointed and her smile vanished, which I couldn't encourage.

"Listen stop your act of consern and come on let's go. " she tried to reason herself but I didn't let her .

I grabbed her hands, reached my car avoiding the shooting pain in my back and made her sit on the passenger seat. she didn't utter a word throughout the whole drive.

Our car was stopped in the traffic signal she fixed her gaze out of the window her silence is suffocating me.

"Doll" I called her but no response. I tried again but she didn't even turn my direction. Simultaneously my pain started to increase, I started to drive fast to her place.

The car was stopped in front of her house, I expected her to rush inside. But she didn't instead she sat quiet .
" Are you planning to meet them or not? "

She turned to my side and told me "Don't assume things on your own and I am not faking any concerns." I could see the slight tears in her eyes, with that she got down the car.

Is that tears for me.... For my pain....

I was awestruck that means she really cares for me and started developing feelings for me, I just wanted to dance ooohooo .......

I got down the car not bothering my back which is aching badly. She reached the doorstep and ringed the bell twice no response and then thrice but no answer.

We are intrupted by a lady in her late forties may be their neighbour.

"What are you doing here ? You troubled your family enough ....why are you here to humiliate them more or what? " she asked in a disgusting tone. How dare she.

I was about to teach her a lesson for insulting my wife but stopped by Zoya.

"No Nimmy aunty , please try to understand tell me where they are ? "

"They left the day you got married they are not here....and I don't know where they are, so please leave. Don't waste my time. " All the tears she fought back came running down her cheeks with that she ran towards the car.

I know one thing for sure, I am in a big trouble...... I went to the car and told her " Don't worry I have a detective friend we can find them...so ple-" she cut me off and told me to drive. Which I did.

Once we entered our mansion my father who was in the living room greeted us.

" Zoya dear, my wife I mean your new mom can't meet you today , she has to stay a little longer in her sister's place because of some problems. But she told me she is very exited to meet her daughter in law, s- " he told her without sensing her mood. I was irritated with his continuous blabbering.

"Will you please stop it dad. Can't you see her condition, she is not in the mood to listen about your wife so please give us a break. " I turned to her but found her glaring at me.

"It's OK dad, I think I'll meet her soon inshaallah. Please tell my salams to her." with that she went to our room giving me a death glare again . What did I do, I just helped her.

She dashed into our room and changed into a cotton red salwar. She is crying even though she looked stunning . I went close to her to console her but she jerked my hands off.