Chapter 46 - Confide.

Start from the beginning

"How you know?" Isaiah grinned.

"Hi!" Madilyn waved. "Dis is our baby!"

"We named her Kaylyn fo' Kayson n Madilyn." Kayson smiled.

Isaiah smiled at him, roughing Kayson's hair up a little.

"Let's go lil man." Isaiah sighed.

"Are you the father of Kayson?" Mrs. Allen smiled.

"Yeah?" Isaiah asked. "Why, was he acting up?"

Mrs. Winslet didn't think that Kayson was getting too out of line, so she blew it off.

"Nah." Mrs. Winslet smiled. "Have fun."

As Isaiah left the room, he looked back at the room, then down at Kayson.

"You really like her, Kays?" Isaiah asked.

"Yeh. She pwetty." Kayson smiled. "She gonna hab my kids....."

Isaiah laughed, rubbing Kayson's head again. Why? Because he said the same thing about Taylor when he was messing around with her in high school.

Meanwhile, Isaiah had to drop Kayson back off at the house so that he could attend his job at the kitchen. Aunt Shay agreed to watch Kayson so that Tyler didn't have to do anything since she was still suffering from morning sickness. For 3 hours, Isaiah helped feed homeless people that were walking in and out. After he and the others were about to start closing up, someone familiar walked in with a blanket hovered over her shoulder.

Brenda.

"Hi, would you like a plate?" Debra asked.

"Wait wait wait Debra I know her." Isaiah said as he stepped out, giving her a funny look. "You homeless?"

"Didn't you see me sitting on the fucking corner?" Brenda growled as she sat down. "I begged you for a home."

As Debra placed the bowl full of clam chowder in front of him, Isaiah sat beside her and glanced down.

"Why you ain't tell me that we was related? I'm your brother." Isaiah sighed. "Don't you think that that would've been good to know?"

"I didn't want you in my business...." Brenda growled as she started eating her soup.

As Isaiah wiped his face with the towel, Brenda glanced at him and slumped her shoulders.

"I really need a home to stay in, Isaiah." Brenda sighed. "I've been moving from home to home."

"Why Damon ain't keeping you?" Isaiah asked.

Brenda paused, then spoke again.

"He kicked me to the curb once he found out that I was prostituting." Brenda groaned. "That bastard. I can do whatever the hell I want."

Isaiah shook his head, giving her a blank look.

"No Brenda. You can't stay with me." Isaiah sighed. "I'm sorry."

"And why not?" Brenda whined, giving him a stunned look. "I'm your sister!"

"Brenda, I got a child. I can't have you around him with that shit." Isaiah said, shaking his head. "Plus I don't have the money to support nobody else."

Brenda was enraged. She shoved the bowl of clam chowder off of the lunch table, storming up in her seat.

"You have the fucking nerve saying that you don't want me around your son when you sell drugs and bring that prostitute bitch Asha in front of him all the time!" Brenda growled as he walked out of the place. "Family my ass! None of you bitches care about me at all!"

Debra glanced out of the window, then looked at Isaiah.

"You told me that you didn't sell drugs, Isaiah." Debra said in a serious tone.

"I don't sell drugs.....not anymore..." Isaiah said, shaking his head. "I stopped, which is exactly why I came he-"

"Isaiah, just go home." Debra sighed. "I'll let you know when you can come into work."

Isaiah was furious. As he stormed out of the building, it was these type of things that drove him to get back to selling drugs. Every place looked at him as this vicious drug dealer when he was trying to make a different living lifestyle. As the night came about, me and Kathy were packing our bags to go home along with my parents. Now that Aunt Shay was fine, I figured that everything was fine with my family.

But a knock on our hotel room proved me wrong.

"I'll get the door, babe." Kathy said as she turned the knob. "I'm gonna go check us out at the front desk."

"Okay."

When Kathy opened the door, it was an unexpected guest. Noah.

"Noah?" I said, scrunching my eyebrows at him.

As Kathy stepped out of the room and headed down the long hall, Noah stepped inside and shut the door.

"Listen Josh, can I talk to you real quick?" Noah asked. "It's about something extremely serious."

"Sure." I shrugged, sitting beside him on the bed. "Go ahead."

Noah clenched his jaw, glancing down at the carpet.

"I have Cancer, Josh." Noah whispered.

The news hit me so sudden that I didn't think he was serious. But when he handed me his papers, I knew that it was real. My eyes widened at him as he started tearing up again, running his fingers through his head. I wasn't sure if I should stay here to help him or go back to Washington.

Still, I couldn't keep trying to stay in Cali for somebody else's life.