The Stranger

It felt like fire was lacing his skin, with nothing he could do to staunch the burning. What had he done to deserve this? All he had wanted was to make his Dad proud and live a normal life with Derek.

His heartbeat thudded hard in his chest, every beat made his chest hurt and it felt hard to take in deep breaths.

He was trembling, no not trembling, shaking. It felt like he couldn't control himself as jolts of pain stabbed their way into his cells.

"Don't worry 966, you'll get used to the pain"

A voice said coldly, not that Stiles knew who had spoken. He could barely think, let alone pay attention to his surroundings. 

That must be why when the pain finally decreased, he noticed he was somewhere else entirely.

He had been moved into a different cell, and he wasn't alone.

But though the pain had decreased enough for him to be self aware again, it wasn't enough for him to actually care about his surroundings, not yet anyway.

A whimper left his mouth as it felt like someone was setting him alight with a flaming torch.

"P-please stop" Stiles gasped out but he knew it was worthless, no one could stop it.

He just wanted it to stop in anyway possible. He'd do anything!

He was burning alive.

"Please" Stiles choked out, crying out to no one.

Stiles felt a wall against his back and noticed that he was now in a curled up position against the wall.

His whimpers now joining the others cries of pain he could hear from all around.

This is what they did to people?

Brought them here and slowly killed them? For what? Fun?

That's what it felt like.

No, no wait, these were experiments and didn't that lady mention something about him being an omega.

But he couldn't think clearly due to the agonising pain.

His thoughts soon went on to repeat the mantra that had always been with him since he got here. 

I just want to go home, I just want to go home, I just want to go home.

Finally, finally after what seemed like hours but also could have been minutes and he wouldn't have known, the fire underneath his skin felt like it was doused with water.

It calmed down slowly and Stiles took deep breaths in and out, waiting for the pain to completely vanish and to help calm his panic.

How could this be happening?!

Would he...be trapped here forever?

"They're done with you for now, you can calm down"

He'd been too focused on the fact that the pain was finally leaving him that he actually forgot that he wasn't alone in cell!

Stiles startled a little, looking at the corner of the cell sharply.

There was a girl, around his age, sitting in the corner.

Her smile was strained as she said "Relax, I won't hurt you"

Stiles swallowed nervously as he asked her, trying to take his mind of his panicked thoughts "Who are you?"

"I'm Lucy, I've been here a while, first time I've had a roommate"

He could tell she was trying to sound upbeat for his sake.

"I'm Stiles" He said hesitantly.

But despite his hesitation at meeting this stranger, with someone who seemed like she was going through the same thing, the panic inside calmed a little.

At very least he wasn't alone.